Logos 4 to Logos 7

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Clay | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 8 2018 1:49 PM

I currently own Logos 4 with an advanced feature set and was told when I originally purchased the suite that any future upgrades would be forever free.

I recently ran into the need for a new computer and decided to update my Logos software at the same time. However it looks like the cost to upgrade is astoundingly steep. What happened to the "forever free" upgrade promise? I'm looking at a few grand just to get the same features I currently have in Logos 4.

I really do need to upgrade, but this upgrade price is pretty unreasonable. Can somebody give me some advice here? 

Posts 22215
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2018 1:54 PM

Hi Clay - and welcome to the forums.

The Logos 7 base engine is available for free at https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic 

Installing this should give you the new engine and the features you had in Logos 4 (but none of the new features in 5/6/7)

Are you concerned this won’t work in some way?

Graham

Posts 18039
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 8 2018 2:48 PM

Clay:
What happened to the "forever free" upgrade promise?

Welcome Big Smile

Faithlife Corporation has kept "free" promise so Logos 4 features are usable in versions 5, 6, and 7.

Thankful for free version 7 packages => Basic and => Verbum Basic that include "access-only" licensing for some new resources, which does not affect dynamic pricing for upgrades. Versions  5 and 6 had free base engine upgrades that lacked resources for use.

Thankful for two Faithlife accounts (with same public name and different email addresses): primary account has my paid Library resources.  My secondary account has order total of $ 0.00 that is useful for demonstration. The "access-only" resources enable a number of features to be used in Logos 7 and Verbum 7, which includes Logos Greek Morphology visual filters created using Logos 4.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS