Searching My Note Files

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Ricky Beckett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 9 2018 2:27 PM

So I have a lot of different note files, almost one file for each book of the Bible. How can I search for a specific note file or view all of them at once? For example, I have a note file titled "1 Samuel Notes," but I haven't looked at it in a while that it doesn't appear in the recent search list and it doesn't pop up when I type it in the search bar. So, how can I either a) search note files I've created, or b) view all my note files at one?

This note taking method is something Logos really needs to work on and make a lot more intuitive. 

Posts 26622
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 6:01 PM

Hi Ricky

Your Note files are listed in the Documents menu under the heading (on the right side) of Notes.

If you know the file name, or the main part of it, you can use the Command box at the top of the Logos window  to open it  e.g. open notes named 1 Samuel should open your "1 Samuel Notes" file. Open 1 Samuel should also work, but it will list Resources as well as Notes documents.

Ricky Beckett:
So, how can I either a) search note files I've created

In Basic Search you can select Your Documents under the heading where you choose resources. Enter a word or phrase you want to find and it will show all Note files in which it occurs. You can also find your notes on a given passage e.g. <Bible Dan 11:5> will find the note(s) you created for Dan 11:5 - it will also find passages/references you typed into a note.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26622
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 6:42 PM

Ricky Beckett:
how can I either a) search note files I've created,

Once you've opened a Note file as above, type CTRL+F or CMD+F to open the Find box. This is a text search of note content, so it won't find references unless you type the exact text e.g. 1 Peter won't work if the reference was entered as 1 Pe.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3
Ricky Beckett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 9 2018 6:45 PM

Thanks! That was really helpful!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS