Text Comparison Tool problem

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 468
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 10 2018 5:07 AM

I'm putting together a translation comparison layout using the Text Comparison (TC) tool. However, I'm finding that the TC does not always follow very well. I include a screen shot to illustrate. You'll notice that the open NIV Bible is set to 1 Pet 1:18, and that that reference is correctly repeated in the three TC windows that are linked. Of the three that are linked, two are set to "Follow" and one is set to link set A. The TC on the left that is set to Follow is correctly showing the whole verse. However, the TC on the right that is set to Follow continually lags behind. As you can see, it is showing the last part of vs. 14 and the first part of vs. 15. Finally, the TC on the bottom left that is set to A is only showing the beginning of vs. 18.

I had come to expect that whatever reference the Bible is set to that any linked windows will always keep that selected verse at the top of their window. I had a previous layout with over 50 versions, all linked together, and anytime I changed one, they all changed.

As it is, I'm not sure I will be able to use the TC tool in the way I intended if it is always going to lag.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 6:03 AM

Jordan, this issue's been around, since they intro'd scrolling a few years back. From what I've seen, they buffer a group of verses, but don't make sure the display at least has some matching either the typed in verse, or the follow.

Given your project needs doing, the simplest TC view (single vertical stack of verse > translations) will generally work (sometimes).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 468
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 10 2018 1:57 PM

Thanks, Denise. I'll probably just go back to my old method of having each Bible open and linked.

Hopefully they'll get it fixed in the not too distant future.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS