Question: Miracles of the Bible Interactive

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 13 2018 10:40 PM

In a conversation, someone had mentioned they heard a statement that said "Jesus never healed the someone the same way twice."  Or something to that effect (while I recognize that there a many general healings that are not described in detail, that's not part of the question I'm presenting today.)  He mentioned he wanted to study that out to see if the specific descriptions of Jesus healing miracles were, in fact, uniquely executed.

I opened the miracles interactive and figured it may be a good first stop.  I didn't realize it operated like the Psalms Explorer - I love it! 

I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, but I would love to be able to export the list of Healings performed by Jesus on the Interactive into a passage list, but don't see that as an option.

Also, I thinking that there has to be a search formula that I'm not thinking of...

Any help is appreciated! 

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2018 3:21 AM

Richard Villanueva:
"Jesus never healed the someone the same way twice."

Without wishing to sound pedantic, even if you check the data, you'll only prove "The Gospels don't record Jesus healing someone the same way twice". John 21:25!

Richard Villanueva:

I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, but I would love to be able to export the list of Healings performed by Jesus on the Interactive into a passage list, but don't see that as an option.

Also, I thinking that there has to be a search formula that I'm not thinking of...

The help file contains the syntax for miracle searches. You need:

{Label Miracle WHERE Agent ~ <Person Jesus> AND Type ~ "Healing"}

Do it in a Bible Search, and you can then export to a Passage List.

However, it won't merge consecutive verses into a range.Therefore a better idea is to:

1. Filter the Miracles of the Bible Interactive by Healing / Jesus.
  2. Ensure the view is set to Text.
  3. Select all the text in the interactive.
  4. Right-click on the selected text and copy to the clipboard.
  5. Create a new Passage List and add from the clipboard.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 510
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 14 2018 7:36 AM

Mark Barnes:
Without wishing to sound pedantic, even if you check the data, you'll only prove "The Gospels don't record Jesus healing someone the same way twice".

No worries! I'm aware of that.  Part of the question is motivated by figuring out how to use the software to find answers.

Mark Barnes:

One of my favorite scripture!!

Mark Barnes:

The help file contains the syntax for miracle searches. You need:

{Label Miracle WHERE Agent ~ <Person Jesus> AND Type ~ "Healing"}

There it was!! Right in the Help file.  Thank you!

Mark Barnes:
However, it won't merge consecutive verses into a range.

Huh - maybe the Interactives need a "send to sermon," and "Send to Pessage Guide", "Send to Passage List," etc.

Thanks for your help Mark!! Always appreciated.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 52
J. Gary Ellison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2022 5:59 AM

Points 4 and 5 do not seem to work on Logos version 9. Selecting the text and trying to paste it into a new Passage List only selects one line and then pastes the whole line, not just the text.

Posts 26054
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 2 2022 6:05 AM

J. Gary Ellison:
Points 4 and 5 do not seem to work on Logos version 9.

I've just tried Mark's instructions and they worked for me.

Did you copy the contents of the Interactive and then use the Add button in the passage list to include the contents of the clipboard?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS