A proposal that benefits everyone

Page 6 of 6 (119 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 118 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:25 AM

Bob Pritchett:
I've handed this over to our publisher relations team to see if we can make it happen.

Thanks, Bob! Now if we only knew who some of those individuals might be so that we could keep hounding them accountable. 😉

Posts 1981
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 4:01 AM

Rev A W Palmer:

BAGD and BDAG were both separate purchases, and I would not be pleased to lose the former.

I don't understand what you mean.  Currently you cannot purchase BAGD at all, and we are trying to make it so that you can.  I'm not sure what you are concerned about losing.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1981
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 4:59 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Beloved:
I've put in a call to Bob on this. I hope he chooses to answer here. 

I've handed this over to our publisher relations team to see if we can make it happen.

Bob, thank you so much for your willingness to help in this.  I know this thread has veered toward a discussion exclusively concerning BAGD, but please do not lose the intention of the initial post and consider instituting some sort of plan for considering all such instances where a newer version of a resource replaces an older one.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1397
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 5:54 AM

Joseph Turner:

Bob Pritchett:

Beloved:
I've put in a call to Bob on this. I hope he chooses to answer here. 

Bob, thank you so much for your willingness to help in this.  I know this thread has veered toward a discussion exclusively concerning BAGD, but please do not lose the intention of the initial post and consider instituting some sort of plan for considering all such instances where a newer version of a resource replaces an older one.

Yes please ...NIV84 for example, but it applies equally to the purchase of older versions of any resource if we own the current version.  And thank you VERY much for your help with this.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 6:16 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks, Bob! Now if we only knew who some of those individuals might be so that we could keep hounding them accountable. 😉

Actually, I intend to find out who the lead person is to follow the progress on this. I may also ask the general question posed by this thread.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 6:21 AM

Joseph Turner:

Rev A W Palmer:

BAGD and BDAG were both separate purchases, and I would not be pleased to lose the former.

I don't understand what you mean.  Currently you cannot purchase BAGD at all, and we are trying to make it so that you can.  I'm not sure what you are concerned about losing.

Whatever Rev Palmer means, we know that you can never lose resources that you already possess this includes both mentioned resources.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2018 12:56 PM

I've contacted Justin Marr the lead employee handling publisher relations. I look forward to his return call and I will report the results of our discussion here once I've had a chance to chat with him.

Posts 3238
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2018 12:58 PM

I wonder how this might work if you don't own the BDAG. Would they just make it available for purchase again or include the BAGD with it

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2018 1:09 PM

Mattillo:

I wonder how this might work if you don't own the BDAG. Would they just make it available for purchase again or include the BAGD with it

This is one of the larger issues I will address upon my discussion with Justin. Thanks for voicing your concern Mattillo.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 3:55 PM

I was contacted today by Joe McCune from customer service I reviewed with him the hopes and desires expressed in this thread. He was open to giving a hearing for the approaches to handling editions that have been updated. He emphasized that negotiations were on a case by case basis and the adopting of one approach is not possible. 

The NIV84 is not available and this is totally controlled by the publisher and they have no interest in making this resource available for purchase. BAGD is actively in negotiations and the terms are confidential. He heard that there are compelling reasons for making this resource available once again. Once negotiations are completed announcements along the usual channels (Prepub, forums, and emails) will be forthcoming.

It is my opinion that we the consumer can have an effect on the outcomes if we act in concert and actively voice our opinions in the methods available to us (User Voice, the forums, and interactions with staff). I encourage you to be vocal on this thread, it is being monitored. The more input the better the likelihood of a favorable response from FL. 

Posts 980
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 12:07 AM

Thanks Beloved.   I would be delighted to be able to purchase BAGD as an addon to my existing BDAG and that it could only be purchased as an add-on. Hopefully the negotiations will progress in a positive manner so that there are three delighed parties - The publisher and Logos propheting from more sales and ourselves for being able to use the book.

A win win win situation.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 12:36 PM

I wonder if FL could offer to buy the rights to discontinued resources so that they're available for continued sale in the Logos environment. Just a thought. 

Posts 51
Andrew Loney | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:09 PM

Beloved:
I encourage you to be vocal on this thread

I add my voice to the interest in BAGD in addition to the BDAG I already have. Thank you for your efforts on this.

Posts 2305
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:18 PM

Andrew Loney:
I add my voice to the interest in BAGD in addition to the BDAG I already have.

Thank you, Andrew. If you haven't already I encourage you to vote here:

https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/34160098-a-greek-english-lexicon-of-the-new-testament-and-o  

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 6 2018 9:00 AM

I appreciate all the effort on this issue. As someone fully invested in the Exegetical Summaries as well as a large number of commentary set which reference the BAGD, i'd be very happy if it wasd made available either dynamically priced with the BGAD which i already own, or as a separate purchase.

Posts 150
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:40 PM

Any news on this proposal? I had done the voting in favor of it.

Posts 1981
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:18 AM

Is there any new information concerning this?

Posts 1981
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2019 7:35 AM

Let me add to this thread that originally, resources like BAGD were not included in the mobile app due to rights restrictions and the way their original contracts were written, but now BAGD is included in the mobile app.  This would lead me to believe that there has been at least some discussion concerning rights and such.

Posts 3
Paul G | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:48 AM

For whatever it's worth I just talked with a Logos customer service rep (about another issue), but before hanging up I asked her about the status of BAGD. She told me that nothing will happen this year (I think she said because of licensing) but that if they choose to act on it the earliest would be next year. If so, we would see something in Pre-pub or Community Pricing. She didn't have any more information, but I thought I'd pass this along.

Page 6 of 6 (119 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS