"About Logos" Shows the Wrong Feature Set

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 20 2018 3:18 PM

I own the Extended Feature Set in Logos 7, but in "Help", the "About Logos" panel shows I only own the Full Feature Set.

This is a curiosity more than a concern, so I'm just wondering what others who own the Extended Feature Set see in their Help/About panel.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 4:07 PM

Yeah, Rick, same here. I recall some time back they had programmed that panel to show more detailed information, but a bunch of users got the vapors about it because the details were in some way misleading. Now it's all so vague as to be fairly worthless. I don't pay much attention to it.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 6:41 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Yeah, Rick, same here. I recall some time back they had programmed that panel to show more detailed information, but a bunch of users got the vapors about it because the details were in some way misleading. Now it's all so vague as to be fairly worthless. I don't pay much attention to it.

Thanks, Robert!  Smile

Posts 27551
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 7:01 PM

I concur with Robert. Don’t mind it a bit. It also is known to show funny things re:base packages. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:53 PM

I agree it probably isn't a big deal. The only problem I can imagine is if everything went to Helena, MT (in a handbasket) and then after it was all fixed, they only restored what it says in your help panel rather than what you actually own. But that's a very unlikely scenario.

Besides, if everything goes to Helena, I suspect Logos will be the least of your worries.

(Aside: I've always wondered if there is a basket company in Helena with the obvious name. I should google it.)

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:05 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I own the Extended Feature Set in Logos 7, but in "Help", the "About Logos" panel shows I only own the Full Feature Set.

This is a curiosity more than a concern, so I'm just wondering what others who own the Extended Feature Set see in their Help/About panel.

I can confirm that I also have the Extended Feature Set while the description in the "About Logos" panel in Logos 7 states "Full Feature Set". Like yourself I have no real concern about it. Keep well Paul 

Posts 672
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 12:11 PM

Doc B:

(Aside: I've always wondered if there is a basket company in Helena with the obvious name. I should google it.)

Yep. https://www.manta.com/c/mtcbcys/helena-hand-basket

Dale Heath

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 7:30 PM

Dale E Heath:
Yep.

Yes

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS