Personal Books Gone

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 604
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 21 2018 3:47 PM

I've just tried to build a personal book  and it came up with a weird error. [Now fixed, this was a invalid heading] I have looked for my other personal books and the files are mainly all missing ? Any idea if this is a general issue or is it something just happening to me ? 

Thnaks

Posts 24447
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 4:32 PM

Dave Thawley:
I have looked for my other personal books and the files are mainly all missing ?

Are the docx files missing? These can be located anywhere, but usually in your Documents folder if on Windows.

Do you see your PB's in Tools > Personal Books as the location of these files can be found under the "Add Body Files" heading?

Are your PB's still in Library  e.g. using the filter edition:user?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 230
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:18 AM

Are you using more than one computer? My experience is that the PB files have to be on each computer and the books rebuilt on each computer.

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:43 AM

John C Connell Jr.:
Are you using more than one computer?

Thankful can compile Personal Book on one computer, followed by using scan command in other installation(s) to copy *.lbspbb files into installation and index them.

John C Connell Jr.:

My experience is that the PB files have to be on each computer and the books rebuilt on each computer.

Rebuilding on each computer causes PB update whose metadata is synced (net effect of invalidating older compilations).

FYI: in theory, could compile PB on one computer followed by upload so PB can be downloaded to other installation(s). In practice, experienced upload changing PB metadata that effectively disabled any indexing in resource. Hence, personally compile PB on one computer, sync with Failthlife servers (PB metadata), copy *.lbspbb files to USB drive, followed by using scan command of USB drive in other installation(s).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:53 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
FYI: in theory, could compile PB on one computer followed by upload so PB can be downloaded to other installation(s). In practice, experienced upload changing PB metadata that effectively disabled any indexing in resource.

I would like to understand this better. Why does the theory not work? Can this be improved?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 17794
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 5:38 AM

Bruce Dunning:

FYI: in theory, could compile PB on one computer followed by upload so PB can be downloaded to other installation(s). In practice, experienced upload changing PB metadata that effectively disabled any indexing in resource.

I would like to understand this better. Why does the theory not work? Can this be improved?

Thankful for => New Feature: Personal Book Upload that is useful for PB without tagging so can read/search in more than one installation

Bug Thread => Bug: 7.2 RC 3 Regression: Personal Book Discourse Glossary that includes PB upload later having metadata change (with diagnostic log messages).

Keep Smiling Big Smile

Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 7:56 AM

Bug Thread => Bug: 7.2 RC 3 Regression: Personal Book Discourse Glossary that includes PB upload later having metadata change (with diagnostic log messages).

I somehow missed that thread. Thanks for pointing it out. Hope it will be fixed in the future.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 604
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:04 AM

Thanks for all of the comments. It was user error by the looks of it :-) I thought that the books got sucked up into the logos cloud and added to my library rather than being located on my own hard drive. I was using a different computer :-) I think Ill get dropbox set up to store them -) Thanks all for taking the time to respond 

Posts 604
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 22 2018 8:06 AM

Thankful for => New Feature: Personal Book Upload that is useful for PB without tagging so can read/search in more than one installation

Thanks for this. It is what I wasn't doing :-) 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS