Account Settings - Mobile Devices

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1010
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 3 2018 5:57 AM

I was looking through my account settings and noticed that I have more mobile devices listed than what I actually have.  I have one iPhone and one iPad.  I think this has happened through upgrading and subsequent downloads of the mobile app.  I'd like to clean this up but I'm not sure which entries to remove, or if it even matters.  Can someone advise?

Posts 5366
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 6:30 AM

Hi Steve

Go to settings on the iPhone or iPad and tap your name at the top of the screen - you should be able to sort the rest from there.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1010
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 6:45 AM

OK ... I have the old iPad removed based on the name I see on my current iPad.  I'm not seeing a way to distinguish which "Steve's iPhone" is the current one.  Any ideas on that one?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 7:05 AM

I went to check my mobile list ... last I remember, I had 15 or so.  Never did find it.

But during the search, I noticed a group of privacy settings to 'everyone', when I keep them all 'me' by policy.  I assume Logos added them with the open default. Have to keep an eagle eye on Logos a la FB.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1010
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 7:20 AM

Denise:

I went to check my mobile list ... last I remember, I had 15 or so.  Never did find it.

It's toward the bottom of this page - logged on as you, of course.

https://www.logos.com/account

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 8:32 AM

Steve:

OK ... I have the old iPad removed based on the name I see on my current iPad.  I'm not seeing a way to distinguish which "Steve's iPhone" is the current one.  Any ideas on that one?

When this happens to me, I just delete them both. Logos will recreate one of it needs to next time you load the mobile app. I’m not aware of any side effects, but I can’t promise there aren’t any!

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 9:22 AM

Mark Barnes:

Steve:

When this happens to me, I just delete them both. Logos will recreate one of it needs to next time you load the mobile app. I’m not aware of any side effects, but I can’t promise there aren’t any!

Deleting them both in an interesting option. Before doing that I'd like to know for sure that there are no unwanted consequences. On the other hand, if you have not experienced any that sounds like the way to go.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2698
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 12:32 PM

In the desktop application you can mark resources to be automatically downloaded to your devices. If you delete the device, then you will lose these settings. Note that downloading a resources on your mobile device does not set this, since that's a one-time operation, while the flag on the desktop will automatically apply even if you reinstalled the application.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 1:22 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

In the desktop application you can mark resources to be automatically downloaded to your devices. If you delete the device, then you will lose these settings. Note that downloading a resources on your mobile device does not set this, since that's a one-time operation, while the flag on the desktop will automatically apply even if you reinstalled the application.

Andrew can you please clarify whether Mark is correct when he said the following above?

Mark Barnes:

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 1:49 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Andrew can you please clarify whether Mark is correct when he said the following above?

Mark Barnes:

Andrew is saying it will be recreated, but the side effect is that if you've sent resources from your desktop to your mobile device, those will be forgotten.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 1:50 PM

That's a strange design decision. Why doesn't downloading a resource on mobile set this flag? It would be more consistent and convenient if it did.

Posts 1010
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 1:55 PM

Mark Barnes:

When this happens to me, I just delete them both. Logos will recreate one of it needs to next time you load the mobile app. 

Mark, when you say “load” the mobile app do mean start it by tapping on it?  Or install the app from the App Store?

Posts 26809
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 4:26 PM

Steve:

Download a different Faithlife/Logos app to the iPhone and sign-in. Then see which iPhone is listed with those two apps.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2698
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 9:01 PM

Mark Barnes:

That's a strange design decision. Why doesn't downloading a resource on mobile set this flag? It would be more consistent and convenient if it did.

It's possible that I'm mistaken or things have changed. My memory on this is a couple of years old. Looking at the resources marked for devices in my personal library reveals a number of resources that I don't remember explicitly flagging for download from the desktop software, but which I do recall downloading on my devices, so it probably does work in a sensible fashion after all.

That said, deleting the device will not cause the downloaded resources to be removed from your device, so if you weren't previously aware of this feature, then there is no harm in deleting the devices.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 3 2018 10:23 PM

Steve:

Mark Barnes:

When this happens to me, I just delete them both. Logos will recreate one of it needs to next time you load the mobile app. 

Mark, when you say “load” the mobile app do mean start it by tapping on it?  Or install the app from the App Store?

Yes, just start it. (Although make sure it was not already running in the background first.)

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2018 3:20 AM

Mark Barnes:

Steve:

Mark Barnes:

Yes, just start it. (Although make sure it was not already running in the background first.)

Thanks for the discussion and clarification about this. It's not happened to me in a long time but I now know what to do if it does.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2018 4:21 AM

It's possible that I'm mistaken or things have changed. My memory on this is a couple of years old. Looking at the resources marked for devices in my personal library reveals a number of resources that I don't remember explicitly flagging for download from the desktop software, but which I do recall downloading on my devices, so it probably does work in a sensible fashion after all.

I've just looked at my Logos library on desktop and come to the same conclusion. I've got loads of books checked for mobile on my desktop that I'm sure I've only ever downloaded from my iPhone, not 'sent' from desktop.

Posts 1010
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2018 11:39 AM

Thanks everyone.  I have it sorted out now.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2018 7:06 PM

In the desktop application you can mark resources to be automatically downloaded to your devices. If you delete the device, then you will lose these settings.

I have never been able to select a resource on the desktop app and have it appear on any mobile device—so I guess my deleting them will have no effect.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS