Is there a way to show "Ratings" for Commentary listed in Passage Guide?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1164
LimJK | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 6 2018 7:51 PM

Hi,

After picking up missing volumes of BestCommentaries.com at 50% discount Smile like many here. I did some Library reorganisation.

May I know if there is a way to show "Ratings" setup in my Library to be shown in Commentaries listed in My Passage Guide. Thank you!

If I remember correctly it used to be in Logos 3 ... I know quite some time ago Smile I do not find the "Mark this article as especially helpful" feature as useful vs using the more universal Library Ratings based on Personal and Community ratings.

May be I do not understand how to use it Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 12:32 AM

LimJK:

May I know if there is a way to show "Ratings" setup in my Library to be shown in Commentaries listed in My Passage Guide. Thank you!

If I remember correctly it used to be in Logos 3 ... I know quite some time ago Smile I do not find the "Mark this article as especially helpful" feature as useful vs using the more universal Library Ratings based on Personal and Community ratings.

This is not possible. 

Note: Don't confuse ratings and Mark this Article as especially helpful. They are totally different features. Mark this article is not about ratings.

The mark this article feature is not the same thing as ratings but simply to mark a reading you want to come back to either in the same study session or a future study session using the current passage guide.  

I don' believe the passage guide in Libronix 3 ever showed ratings.  I am not totally certain but I think the "Mark this Article Feature came in with Logos 4.  See this discussion: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/7125.aspx 

Posts 1164
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 6:04 AM

doc:

This is not possible. 

Note: Don't confuse ratings and Mark this Article as especially helpful. They are totally different features. Mark this article is not about ratings.

The mark this article feature is not the same thing as ratings but simply to mark a reading you want to come back to either in the same study session or a future study session using the current passage guide.  

I don' believe the passage guide in Libronix 3 ever showed ratings.  I am not totally certain but I think the "Mark this Article Feature came in with Logos 4.  See this discussion: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/7125.aspx 

Hi Doc,

Thanks for your reply, you must be right, my memory is leaky Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 10420
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 1:53 PM

LimJK:
May I know if there is a way to show "Ratings" setup in my Library to be shown in Commentaries listed in My Passage Guide.

I used collections and a custom passage guide to accomplish this. 5 stars = Primary; 4 secondary; 3 = Tertiary; 2 = unrated; 1 = Don't Bother. I also further divided them using the collections published by Mark Barnes. It all was rather complex and time-consuming, but I am very pleased with the result.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS