Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Lisa Batzle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 7 2018 11:21 AM

I'm having trouble with the keyboards in Windows 10. For awhile the Greek one was selectable (although not previewable), but after my latest BIOS upgrade, no luck. I've tried uninstalling it, but some of the pieces still seem to be hanging around, so when I try to REinstall it, I don't think anything is happening. These are such wonderful keyboards, and I'm really sorry they're not supported anymore: does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Posts 366
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 6:57 AM

I use the Greek on Windows 10 with no issue. Although, I never previewed it. I used the pdf layout and after a while I memorized it.

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 3
Lisa Batzle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 8 2018 7:19 AM

Update: I found a procedure to uninstall a keyboard by hand. It involves deleting DLL files from system directories and deleting records from the registry. Once I did this, restarted the computer, reinstalled the Greek keyboard, AND RESTARTED the computer AGAIN, the keyboard is back in business. I sure wish I knew exactly what happened, though, to stop it working!

The DLL deletion procedure mentioned above is here: https://superuser.com/questions/170651/how-can-i-uninstall-a-keyboard-that-microsoft-keyboard-layout-creator-created/171162. Scroll down to the entry with a green check beside it, and start after it says something like ' here is how to do it manually.' The procedure is for XP, and the dll cache folder has gone the way of the dodo by now: I searched all system directories for the keyboard DLLs for the sake of thoroughness, but actually FOUND copies only in Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64. As far as registry entries go, I did discover that I had TWO entries for the Greek keyboard; whether that was the root cause, ????

Posts 7
Ronnie Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 12:18 PM

To all, 

I am new to this. I have a problem; I have BDAG but dont have or dont know i Have a greek keyboard. When i go to BDAG it takes a long time to get to the word i need help with since I can't type it in. Can anyone help me?

Ron Smith 

Posts 3
Lisa Batzle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2018 12:53 PM

Hi, Ron, Do you have a Mac or a PC? If Mac, I don't know what to do; if PC, have you ever set up Language Support for Greek in Windows?

Lisa

Posts 1802
LogosEmployee

Ronnie Smith:

I am new to this. I have a problem; I have BDAG but dont have or dont know i Have a greek keyboard. When i go to BDAG it takes a long time to get to the word i need help with since I can't type it in. Can anyone help me?

You can enter a transliterated version of the word instead of the actual Greek characters, then select the appropriate word from the provided list of matching options. Try entering something like: g:agape

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS