Old Latin Bible

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 374
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 7 2018 12:17 PM

Does anyone know of any books on Logos that either discuss the Old Latin Bible or provide actual manuscripts? The only book I could find was from 1896 by Burkitt.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 12:39 PM

Not in Logos ... and most in dead-tree form are very expensive or in German. I hope someone can provide a better answer. But check out http://www.vetuslatina.org/ 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9915
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 5:31 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

Does anyone know of any books on Logos that either discuss the Old Latin Bible or provide actual manuscripts? The only book I could find was from 1896 by Burkitt.

I wish.

As old as Burkitt is, it's still interesting reading, especially the African. It'll be interesting, as the recent approach to greek mss's overlaps the latin.

Posts 2325
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 5:53 PM

Denise:

As old as Burkitt is, it's still interesting reading, especially the African. It'll be interesting, as the recent approach to greek mss's overlaps the latin.

Ok, added it to my library.  And thanks to MJ. Smith for that link.  

Posts 374
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 7 2018 9:41 PM

Thanks MJ for the link. I'll look into that.

Denise:

It seems to be categorized under Free Titles for Now Members, so I'll wait until June and might be able to pick it up free then. Otherwise, I'll just buy it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS