An Open Request for help from Bradley Granger or Someone Who Can Help me

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 21 2018 7:43 PM

At one time when I didn’t know how to use Logos as well as I do now I hid several hundred resources thinking that was a good idea. I understand now that I can only unhide the resources one at a time from my end. I saw on the forums that some time ago Bradley Granger unhid all the resources for a customer from your end.

Can you please help me unhide all my hidden resources and tell me step by step how to get them back into my library.

Thank you so much for your help as I really need the resources back in order to do the in-depth  language study I am now capable of doing. As it stands now, I paid for resources and foolishly threw them away.

The moral of the story is don't hide your resources. Even if you don't speak Greek, Hebrew or Latin, Logos "does". Doing word studies on a Lemma in Greek, Hebrew or Latin using the ancient resources I hid can be very enlightening.

I am off my soap box now. Please help me.

Thanks again.

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 3:23 PM

IHSA:
Can you please help me unhide all my hidden resources and tell me step by step how to get them back into my library.

1. Open Logos/Verbum.

2. Click on Tools.

3. Click on Program Settings.

4. Scroll to the bottom of that pane.

5. Click on Hidden Resources.

6. Put your cursor immediately to the left of the new scroll bar. You should see an x appear.

7. Click on the X.

8. Repeat step 7 several hundred times in succession. (How long this takes depends on what you computer you have.)

Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 7:22 PM

Thank you so much for responding. I was, however, aware of the process you described which is the same as unhiding each resource separately. That is what I am trying to avoid if possible as it is very time consuming. I am hoping that someone can help me unhide all my resources in bulk vice one at a time. Customer service at Logos suggested I reach out to Bradley Granger on these forums and ask him to help hence my by name reference to him. But I will gladly accept help from whatever quarter it is offered. 

Once again, thank you for your kindness in responding. 

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 22 2018 9:23 PM

If you're on PC, here is the safest, grossest, ugliest way I can think of without help from Faithlife:

• Install AutoHotkey.
  • Right-click on desktop, select 'New' -> 'AutoHotkey Script', and name it anything.
  • Right-click the new script on your desktop and select 'Edit Script'.
  • Paste the following in to the editor:
^!d::
Loop, 1000 {
    Click
    Sleep, 200
}
Return

Escape::ExitApp
  • Save the script and close the editor.
  • Right-click the new script on your desktop and select 'Run Script'.
  • Open Logos Settings and move to the list of hidden resources.
  • Put the mouse cursor over the first resource, on the right, over the 'X' to unhide and leave the mouse there where it cannot move.
  • Press Ctrl-Alt-d to start the script.

This could be done better, but as is it simply clicks the mouse button 1000 times (the number specified after Loop) regardless of where the mouse is pointing. If you move the mouse before it finishes, it will continue to 'click' the mouse until it finishes and cause a bit of chaos or worse so make sure the mouse does not move. Pressing the escape key should halt the script. You can change the number 1000 in the script if you need fewer or more unhid at a time. If you change the number after running the script then you need to reload it:

• Right-click the script on your desktop and select 'Run Script'.
  • Click 'Yes' to replace the current instance.
Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 11:16 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. It did some checking and it seems a high risk operation that could take some time to recover from it I make a mistake or even bump the desk. I will definitely put it in my tool bag though.

But what I am really hoping for is someone from FaithLife to offer some help that doesn't involve hours of clicking or the potential of trashing my computer.

Is there anyone from FaithLife willing to help me on this? I have been a loyal customer since Logos 2 and am really hoping loyalty is a two way street with FaithLife. 

Once again thank you for your concern and kindness in helping me solve my problem.

I just wish FaithLIfe would offer the same consideration. Please

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 11:32 AM

IHSA:
Is there anyone from FaithLife willing to help me on this?

Most of the FL employees who could take care of this don't monitor the forum, and probably aren't seeing your request.

Have you tried contacting Technical Support?

Posts 960
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 11:33 AM

I've never seen a solution other than a scripted use of the mouse. You can use cliclick on a mac... you can use a script which sets the mouse pos every time and fine the coordinates of the mouse pos with a screenshot. Also you can unplug your mouse / turn it off and bumping your desk won't be a problem. If you do have a script going you might need to put delays of a few seconds between clicks to wait for the server. I did this method myself and just left it running over night. It recovered 1800 books!

#!/bin/bash
sleep 5
./cliclick c:1136,318
for i in {1..1800}
do
./cliclick c:1136,318 w:100 m:+0,+0 w:100 c:.
echo "unhidden $i"
done

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 12:15 PM

Thanks for the link. When I first contacted them, they suggested that I reach out to Bradley Granger on the Forums. Now they say Bradley is out of town and suggest I try and unhide individually. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 12:20 PM

Thank you for the additional advice. I am not opposed to your idea but am hoping that FaithLife will offer me a better one. My resources are on their servers and they can, if they will, unhide them from their end. If they won't, your suggestion is definately plan B but given risk versus benefit FaithLIfe is the better option.

Once again, Thank You

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 3:18 PM

PetahChristian:

Tech Support doesn't have special access to the servers in the way required for us to be helpful here. We will be contacting IHSA again privately for help with their particular situation.

We are thinking about adding the ability to un-hide multiple resources at a time, and highly encourage those interested in this being an official feature to vote here https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/11057241-enable-the-option-to-unhide-multiple-resources

Posts 29
IHSA | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2018 3:43 PM

Tommy Ball:

PetahChristian:

Tech Support doesn't have special access to the servers in the way required for us to be helpful here. We will be contacting IHSA again privately for help with their particular situation.

We are thinking about adding the ability to un-hide multiple resources at a time, and highly encourage those interested in this being an official feature to vote here https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/11057241-enable-the-option-to-unhide-multiple-resources

Just to let everyone know, Tech Support contacted me a couple of minutes after the above posted. We are working through the details. They (tech support and FaithLife) have been great about this. 

The bottom line is: please take it from me, DON'T HIDE RESOURCES. I don't mean to shout just to speak emphatically. Hiding resources is like buying books and them throwing them away. Learn from my mistakes and thanks very much to everyone who jumped in to offer help and suggestions.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS