While we are waiting on 4.0d Beta 1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 13 2010 6:58 AM | Locked

A programmer is walking along a beach and finds a lamp.  He rubs the lamp, and a genie appears.  “I am the most powerful genie in the world.  I can grant you any wish, but only one wish.” 

The programmer pulls out a map, points to it and says, “I’d want peace in the Middle East.” 

The genie responds, “Gee, I don’t know.  Those people have been fighting for millenia.  I can do just about anything, but this is likely beyond my limits.” 

The programmer then says, “Well, I am a programmer, and my programs have lots of users.  Please make all my users satisfied with my software and let them ask for sensible changes.”

At which point the genie responds, “Um, let me see that map again.” Big Smile

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 7:26 AM | Locked

Now THAT'S FUNNY!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 7:37 AM | Locked

LOL! Classic!

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 2:28 AM | Locked

Fred Chapman:
“Um, let me see that map again.” Big Smile

Very good!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:35 AM | Locked

This has made me laugh for several days now!Smile

Charlene

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 4:22 AM | Locked

Excellent Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 818
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:47 PM | Locked

While we're waiting, maybe we could use this software to study the Bible instead of (and I speak to myself, if no-one else) just wanting to play with the tools.

A bit radical I know :)

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:30 PM | Locked

Richard Lyall:

While we're waiting, maybe we could use this software to study the Bible instead of (and I speak to myself, if no-one else) just wanting to play with the tools.

A bit radical I know :)

Are you suggesting that I spend valuable forum posting time to pad my stats in order to use the software for bible study? Oops, did it again, add another post to the tally.Wink

Seriously, I love to study the bible and L4 has made it so much more enjoyable. I have learned much more about God's Word since I started using L4. It has also made me realize how much I do not know.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS