OT: Bibleworks ceases operation as of June 15, 2018

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 59 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 664
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:02 AM

Michael Sullivan:

All you have to do is buy Bibleworks before June 15th, register it and then purchase the packages.  Then you will have the benefit of both Bibleworks 10 and the new Logos package!

I wish I could, but I can’t afford to double up and I only get to use my laptop for very short periods of time a couple of hours a month max), so BibleWorks is kind of a write-off for me.

Posts 2137
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:14 AM

Mark Barnes:

No word on pricing yet.

Unless you fake the user agent.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:25 AM

So I'm wondering, all packages that Logos offers work off of dynamic pricing, so that you pay a reduced amount for books you already have licensed in the past, so I'm sure that a non-BibleWorks user could just purchase one of these cross grade / upgrade packages and still get a reduced rate, correct? These packages might be a better collection of OL resources to purchase than to maybe going with a base package?

Based on that, if a BibleWorks owner has a license, then will this change the price to lower the cost even more, or how will that work?  The above prices are pretty spendy in my opinion, unless something special happens to reduce the price if you have a BW license?  Obviously FL is still working on this and nothing appears to be officially released yet, so I'm mostly just thinking out loud.

Posts 2167
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 11:58 AM

Michael Sullivan:

John,

That's why I suggest buying Bibleworks to be eligible for the cross grade.   Purchasing Bibleworks gives you the licenses for the resources.  That would make you eligible for the cross grade, wouldn't it?

Makes sense.

Posts 6104
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 2:53 PM

Seems like I own most of it, but no option to buy for me. 

DAL

Posts 3
Anthony Lipscomb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 3:09 PM

Jan Krohn:

Whoa! How'd you do that? And are these product pages only findable via Google? They certainly aren't available via Logos' search bar.

Jason B:
Based on that, if a BibleWorks owner has a license, then will this change the price to lower the cost even more, or how will that work?  The above prices are pretty spendy in my opinion, unless something special happens to reduce the price if you have a BW license?  Obviously FL is still working on this and nothing appears to be officially released yet, so I'm mostly just thinking out loud.

I too am concerned about the above prices, but I suspect these prices, which are already significantly reduced from a regular rate, might be final (give or take for dynamic pricing). Over at Accordance, the BW8/9 package is $149 and BW10 is $189, and I suspect Logos would price, more or less, a strictly equivalent crossover package similar to Accordance's BW10 crossover. Since the Logos crossover package includes additional resources than what BW users already have, this may account for the hike in the price tag. I would prefer to see Logos offer an even lower tier that only includes the equivalent of what we have in BW, something like what Accordance is offering.

BTW, Accordance is manually processing orders for its BW crossover packages in order to verify BW users. A separate order form (pdf) must be submitted, which includes the statement: "By entering into this agreement I acknowledge that Accordance Bible Software in conjunction with the copyright holders of the products listed above has given me a discounted price as an upgrade to a prior purchase from another company. Because of the copyrighted nature of this material, this discount/upgrade comes with certain restrictions."

I wonder if Logos will do the same or automate the process.

Posts 9915
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 3:30 PM

Anthony Lipscomb:

BTW, Accordance is manually processing orders for its BW crossover packages in order to verify BW users.

Oh, great. I got BW, but to get it in Accordance (which I also have), I'd have to double-down. And then to get it in Logos, I'd have to double-double down (ignoring it'd be almost free of course). Actually, I have a special ear out for the mailman who cometh (soon I hope).

Posts 2137
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 4:03 PM

Anthony Lipscomb:

Jan Krohn:

Whoa! How'd you do that? And are these product pages only findable via Google? They certainly aren't available via Logos' search bar.

I used the links given here in the forum.

To fake the user agent and see prices, the exact steps depend on your browser.

On EDGE, press F12, go to the tab "Emulation", and from the available user agents choose "Windows 10 Mobile".

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 6104
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:27 PM

I wish Logos could work out a deal with publishers to offer Crossover Discounts. That way, if I own a resource in WS or Accordance I could get it at a very significant discount just to duplicate the resource in Logos.

Accordance offers Crossover Discounts on a lot of commentaries, OL dictionaries and other books; even NICOT/NT for less than $500 if you own the set in another Software!

This is a great offer, it should be considered not just when a company closes, but when we have other resources that we would like to crossover/upgrade to Logos.

DAL

Posts 3
Anthony Lipscomb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 6:19 PM

Jan Krohn:

I used the links given here in the forum.

To fake the user agent and see prices, the exact steps depend on your browser.

On EDGE, press F12, go to the tab "Emulation", and from the available user agents choose "Windows 10 Mobile".

Thanks for the tip. When I faked the user agent, the prices were listed at the regular rate (minus the 1% dynamic adjustment for the few resources I already own). Jan, you must own a bit already that is offered in the crossover packages. This makes me think that the regular prices are just the baseline for a significantly discounted price for BW users.

Posts 374
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2018 5:42 AM

Why isn't there a price listed for either the BW Upgrade or Crossgrade?

Is this only if you have BW10, or are they including earlier versions? I have BW8.

Posts 2137
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2018 6:07 AM

Anthony Lipscomb:

Thanks for the tip. When I faked the user agent, the prices were listed at the regular rate (minus the 1% dynamic adjustment for the few resources I already own). Jan, you must own a bit already that is offered in the crossover packages. This makes me think that the regular prices are just the baseline for a significantly discounted price for BW users.

Yes, I own Logos 7 Bronze, so I already have many of the non-original-language works in the packages.

I don't quite think though that the prices we see when faking the UA are the final regular prices. Seems more like a work-in-progress.

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2018 1:23 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

Is this only if you have BW10, or are they including earlier versions?

Yes

Posts 13116
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 10 2018 1:33 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

Is this only if you have BW10, or are they including earlier versions? I have BW8.

The product‘s not been officially announced yet and doesn‘t show up in the store even if you search for it. It can only be accessed via that “secret” link. I hope there’ll be a significant discount on the price that was discovered through changing the user agent. 

Posts 853
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:47 AM

Mark Barnes:

Jordan Litchfield:

The product‘s not been officially announced yet and doesn‘t show up in the store even if you search for it. It can only be accessed via that “secret” link. I hope there’ll be a significant discount on the price that was discovered through changing the user agent. 

Hi All, 

The packages are available by calling the sales department. They have more information on the contents and the discounts. There will be an informational landing page and blog post up later in the day.

All BibleWorks users, regardless of version, are eligible for the discount (with the caveat that they owned BW before June 1). To qualify for the discount, the user must commit to not sell their BibleWorks package. The user may, however, gift it to someone they feel would benefit from it and may not be able to afford a package (e.g. a missionary). Call sales for more details.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 476
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 9:56 AM

Thanks Ben!! Now I feel like I can tell my BW friends about Logos' plan once the landing page goes live.  I appreciate the thought going into this.  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 263
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 10:03 AM

Thanks Ben! Awesome job by John in the sales department just now! All my questions answered and transaction completed.

Posts 853
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 11 2018 2:49 PM

Richard Villanueva:

Thanks Ben!! Now I feel like I can tell my BW friends about Logos' plan once the landing page goes live.  I appreciate the thought going into this.  

Here's the landing page https://www.logos.com/bibleworks

Posts 243
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 6:34 AM

These new packages look good to me!

Now, I am both Logos user and BW owner. Would I also apply for the discount (and would it be dynamic?)

Posts 853
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2018 7:39 AM

JC54:

These new packages look good to me!

Now, I am both Logos user and BW owner. Would I also apply for the discount (and would it be dynamic?)

Yes, you should qualify (call sales for more details). It will be dynamically priced.

Page 3 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS