Faithlife and Logos Bible Software: Here for the long haul!

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1659
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 1 2018 12:41 PM

With the news about BibleWorks going out of business, some users have reached out to ask if their investment in Logos Bible Software is safe.

YES!

Logos Bible Software began in 1991, and we are still actively supporting and developing it today. We started on floppy disks, transitioned to CD-ROMs, expanded to the Mac, built mobile apps for iOS and Android, and then took it to the web at https://app.logos.com

Over that time the company changed names (Logos Research Systems, Inc. -> Logos Bible Software -> Faithlife) and we've dramatically expanded our offerings (https://faithlife.com/about), but nothing has changed about our mission:

We use technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible.

Of course we can't predict the future; the Lord's return, a change in His plans for us, or the vicissitudes of life and business could all disrupt our plan.

But I can tell you that the plan is to stay here, serving you and the Church, indefinitely into the future.

My family controls the corporation. We have no plans to sell it. The company is debt-free. Dan (my brother) and I are in our 40s and intend to spend our careers here.

Our team is more than 300 people strong, and our focus on serving you remains as strong as ever. And with the huge size of the Logos user base, even if some unexpected event changed our business dramatically, the user base is big enough to be "worth the effort" to maintain, serve, and upgrade. A "black swan" event that wiped our Faithlife Corporation wouldn't destroy the value that the customers, collectively, would represent to another business.

There is every reason to believe that your investment in digital resources for Logos Bible Software will continue to be a wise one, and that you'll have access to the content and tools indefinitely into the future. And we have 27 years of experience navigating changes in media, operating systems, devices, and platforms. If we all end up 'computing' through voice interfaces and holographic displays, Logos Bible Software will be there. :-)

It is a privilege to serve you, and to be in the business of building tools to help people study God's Word.

And that's one of the reasons we've chosen to serve through the form of a business: it's a form with built-in accountability and sustainability. We only survive by building something you want to buy, and we have pretty immediate and direct feedback from the market when we price wrong, build wrong, or make some other mistake. We know that Logos Bible Software isn't the least expensive tool for Bible study -- there are many nice free tools on the web and in app stores -- but by using this model we believe we are doing the best we can to ensure that the investment you do make will be a good one in the long-term.

I very much appreciate your business, and feel blessed to count so many users as friends. We have both customers and team members who've been with Logos for more than a quarter century, and, Lord willing, I trust some will be with us to celebrate fifty years!

Posts 560
Juan Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 12:58 PM

Thanks Bob, there is always doubt. God bless you and go ahead.

Posts 465
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 12:59 PM

Thank you Bob, that's comforting to hear. I'm one of the early floppy customers. The last four month's sales have been great. Keep it up. Yes

Dale Heath

Posts 687
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:05 PM

Thanks for always talking to us Bob! 

Cheers,
 ChelseaFC 

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 5266
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:12 PM

Phew!!! Thanks for posting this! Good to know that our investment is secure, at least for the forseeable future 👍😁👌 Now, to celebrate, you can launch L8 on Monday if you’d like 😜

DAL

Posts 1879
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:23 PM

Bob Pritchett:
It is a privilege to serve you, and to be in the business of building tools to help people study God's Word.

Thanks Bob,

I've been with Logos since 2001. I am a layman and my study of the Bible has grown with the company. I appreciate your efforts to stay relevant and innovate as well as focus on core competencies. I am part of your base and though there have been issues of tension some which have yet to be resolved, overall I am satisfied with FL and am confident that my considerable investment is safe and has been worthwhile.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2774
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 1:27 PM

Good news and an inspiring hopeful message, thanks!

Posts 159
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 2:00 PM

Beloved:

I am part of your base and though there have been issues of tension some which have yet to be resolved, overall I am satisfied with FL and am confident that my considerable investment is safe and has been worthwhile.

Beloved said it well. Thank you, Bob, for taking the time so often to speak to us clearly and with great care. I have used Logos for almost a decade and invested thousands of dollars in my library. I cannot quantify the number of hours saved and insights gained through my use of Logos. May the Lord continue to sustain the company for years to come. Stay humble and seeking His guidance for the future.

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 1874
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:24 PM

But...but...what about in the case of a zombie apocalypse?!?  Do you have a plan for THAT!?!

In all seriousness, thanks for the comforting message.  It is helpful that you are willing to interact on the forums.  

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 535
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:38 PM

Thanks for this Bob and thanks for the continued effort you and your team put into making logos better on each release. It has been instrumental in my growth in faith so thanks and God bless you. 

Trying to be as noble as a Berean , Acts 17:11

Posts 327
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:44 PM

Thanks Bob Yes

Posts 736
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 4:49 PM

Very positive and encouraging statement.  Thank you.

Bob Pritchett:
and we have pretty immediate and direct feedback from the market

Amazing how Mr. Smith's ideas still work today (here and here)!

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 1659
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 5:33 PM

Bellingham suffers a zombie apocalypse annually. Here's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZchV_omNSc (https://www.bellingham.org/events/thrillingham/)

Faithlife has survived each year. :-)

Posts 465
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 5:51 PM

Bob, was that you in the back in the orange suit?

Michael Jackson

Posts 176
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 6:15 PM

I trust you Bob.

Posts 221
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 1 2018 7:12 PM

Bob, I am also here for the long haul ;)

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 1732
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 1:12 AM

Here's one more idea. You're looking for Bible software developers. https://blog.faithlife.com/blog/2018/05/refer-a-software-developer-and-earn-2500-in-logos-credit

A bunch of Bible software developers is likely to become available on the job market very soon.

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 8108
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 4:31 AM

Great words of comfort Bob. Thanks for reminding all of us that our investment in Faithlife is as secure as can be.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1874
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 7:11 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Bellingham suffers a zombie apocalypse annually. Here's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZchV_omNSc (https://www.bellingham.org/events/thrillingham/)

Faithlife has survived each year. :-)

Big Smile  Great answer!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS