"Add note to..." only shows one or two of my Notes files

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 13 2010 8:18 AM

I maintain 3-4 different Notes files for various purposes (one for exegesis, one for sermons, etc). If I want to add a note to a verse, for instance, it will only give me the option to add a note to one note file (often times, it's not the note file I want to use at the moment). If I open up the correct note file and right-click the verse, it will give me the option to add a note to the open file.

Is there a way to right click a verse and have the option to add note to any of my notes files, whether they are open or not? I understand the solution (i.e. open the desired note file), but I'm trying to streamline my steps, if possible.

Blessings!

Brian

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 8:39 AM

This is by design and won't be changed at this time. We welcome additional feedback on this option, though.

Posts 146
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 9:00 AM

Glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong. Is there a rhyme or reason to which note file shows up in the Add Note To... option (assuming I have all my notes files closed at the time)?

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 9:22 AM

Brian Maag:

Glad to know it's not something I'm doing wrong. Is there a rhyme or reason to which note file shows up in the Add Note To... option (assuming I have all my notes files closed at the time)?

It is supposed to be the most recently edited note. Is that what you're seeing?

Posts 5
Stephen Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 6:08 PM

Melissa:

What I really wish would happen is that you could right-click on a passage and the option of adding a new note would be there next to the latest note files that are listed.  I find the current approach - having to open a note file, then go to the reference, and then choose that new note, to be far too cumbersome.  I keep waiting for others to say this, but don't see this being requested.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like an obvious improvement.

Posts 32967
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 13 2010 6:24 PM

StephenJulian:
 I find the current approach - having to open a note file, then go to the reference, and then choose that new note, to be far too cumbersome.  I keep waiting for others to say this, but don't see this being requested.

I suspect most of us have gone to a work-flow that opens the relevant note and clipping files in our workspace at the start of a session. I understand why it doesn't work well for the work-flow that you use. If you don't find a ground swell of support for your suggestion, I suggest that you try the work-flow that works with Logos and if it doesn't work for you, add your suggestion on user voice. I doubt that you are alone - I simply have no idea how many share your desire.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Stephen Julian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 8:42 AM

MJ:

Two comments: 1) Thanks for your response.  I have used Logos for years, have an RSS feed set up for all of these forum pages that I read daily (or at least skim), but have not felt the need to comment (this is Post #3 for me).  I have great appreciation for those who take the time each day to respond with thought, grace, and (often) humor to the many requests and ideas that people share.  So, may you be blessed as you are a blessing to others! 2) I think you are correct - many have adapted to Logos 4.  I've done that in a number of ways.  This is just one way that I wish it would adapt to me.  I think the difference is that rather than opening a note prior to studying a passage, I will be reading scripture, have a thought, and want to record that thought as a note.  I think the difference may be that my thoughts tend to be topical (prompted by what I am reading at the moment) and less organized around the study of a particular passage or biblical reference.

Anyway, thank you.  I've enjoyed your perspective on a number of issues as I've been lurking here - I won't get into a list of them now, but suffice it to say that you add to the breadth of this community and I, for one, am glad you are here.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS