Bringing Your BibleWorks User Content to Logos

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 73 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:47 PM

I can imagine that there may be a lot of BibleWorks questions. Maybe create a BibleWorks section in the forums, and call it something like "BibleWorks Users". This way all questions relating to Logos for users of BibleWorks would be funneled to one forum section. Just a suggestion.

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:55 PM

Great idea 

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

I can imagine that there may be a lot of BibleWorks questions. Maybe create a BibleWorks section in the forums, and call it something like "BibleWorks Users". This way all questions relating to Logos for users of BibleWorks would be funneled to one forum section. Just a suggestion.

Posts 10
LogosEmployee
Mark Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 14 2018 4:21 PM

@Mark Fuss, a few years ago I made the same transition you're making, from using BibleWorks for all textual work to using Logos for that work. Logos has a slightly different approach here. It "generates reports" in its guides. The Exegetical Guide is probably the closest approximation, and you can watch a training video on that tool here:

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/exegetical-guide

The tool looks up lexemes automatically, provides links to textual-critical information, shows where your passage is discussed in grammars, and does other great stuff. And the guide is editable, just like the BibleWorks Report Generator. You can customize any of our guides, in fact. But I'd start with the Exegetical Guide if you like the Report Generator in BW.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 1 2018 1:56 PM

We're testing our notes importing functionality internally and will be ready for some folks to test it externally soon. Reply to this post and let me know if you're interested in testing it. I'll provide further details once we're ready for external testers.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 7:17 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

We're testing our notes importing functionality internally and will be ready for some folks to test it externally soon. Reply to this post and let me know if you're interested in testing it. I'll provide further details once we're ready for external testers.

Anyone?

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 7:32 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Anyone?

My observation from what I’ve seen: I guess either there aren’t that many BibleWorks users moving to Logos  or the “A” company took them all since they created their notes import tool within a matter of just a few short days after BW’s demise.  In other words, Logos is taking too long to make this tool available thus making the competition look more appealing to those who want to import their notes now and not later.  In either case, thanks for trying 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1367
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 2:54 AM

I am interested, but have been traveling extensively with minimal internet access AND a struggling 2011 Macbook Air. When I get home, I'm moving, but after September I'll be settled and will buy a new imac whenever they come out. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 5:40 PM

DAL:
I guess either there aren’t that many BibleWorks users moving to Logos

We've actually had quite a few BW users get a Logos package, but I'd guess most of them aren't on our forums.

I was hoping some of the forum regulars were previous BW users (as I was years ago) or have used BW alongside Logos and were interested in bringing their notes over and helping us test it before we ship it to everyone.

I think we've worked out the issues through internal testing, so we're probably in good shape. But it's always good to have extra testers give it a try to make sure we didn't miss anything.

Posts 4
Jeannie Koh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 6:13 PM

Hi Phil,

I really appreciate all that you and Logos are doing.  I have no issue with BW to Logos as I have been using both concurrently. But I am happy to be a tester for this to help troubleshoot anything. Just let me know. In Christ, with gratitude, j
Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 6:24 PM

Jeannie Koh:

Hi Phil,

I really appreciate all that you and Logos are doing.  I have no issue with BW to Logos as I have been using both concurrently. But I am happy to be a tester for this to help troubleshoot anything. Just let me know. In Christ, with gratitude, j

Thank you! I'll be in touch next week with details.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 7:18 PM

We shipped our BibleWorks notes importer last Monday with 7.17. Feel free to try it out and let us know what you think. More details in the release notes.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 10:14 AM

Phil, 

As much as I would like to "try it out"  I'm hesitant because of the known issue in the release notes... 

Known Issue: There are some issues displaying certain fonts when importing notes with text in Greek.

Has this been corrected by now?  I have a rather massive corpus of notes involving Greek. and really don't want to have to fix them all.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 1:48 PM

TCBlack:

Phil, 

As much as I would like to "try it out"  I'm hesitant because of the known issue in the release notes... 

Known Issue: There are some issues displaying certain fonts when importing notes with text in Greek.

Has this been corrected by now?  I have a rather massive corpus of notes involving Greek. and really don't want to have to fix them all.

I believe we fixed the issues, but I'll have to check to be sure. If you import and notice problems, let us know. It's super easy to deleted the imported notebook and then reimport later. There's really no risk to importing just to try it out.

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 2:45 PM

We think the issues are resolved. Please let us know if you notice anything that looks amiss.

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS