Do Faithlife survey questions reveal priorities?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1236
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2018 10:53 AM

I just received a survey from Faithlife. In it, they asked which Faithlife "line of business" did I interact with most. I found it "odd" that "Faithlife Connect" has taken the place of Logos.

I know Faithlife has said they are committed to the ownership model but these type of surveys [may] hint otherwise. 

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 11:04 AM

I assumed FL Ebooks was Logos when I answered. Surprise

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:02 PM

Mike:  I have the survey, but have not answered.

This has me worried.  This tells me they are trying to phase out buying.

If they are not trying to slow buying to a trickle, + so greatly uptick renting, a question such as this [again] sends a bad message to loyal customers.

So, Bob, what's up.  Doubting minds want to know.

Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:24 PM

Logos was apparently an inadvertent admission, as it has been added to the survey:

scooter:
This tells me they are trying to phase out buying.

The addition of Logos tells us that the ownership model is not being phased out. Wink

(In all seriousness, I don't think the omission ever meant "buying" was being phased out. It's not in anyone's best interest to stir up fear, uncertainty, or doubt about the software's future.)

scooter:
If they are not trying to slow buying to a trickle,

Considering that FL has recently put several collections on sale for 50-75% off before L8 means that they're still very much interested in people buying and owning resources.

I don't think anyone will be surprised that L8 will be yet another opportunity to buy (more resources, features, and tools), continuing to bring more "ownership" sales to the company.

Posts 23
LogosEmployee
Natalie Winburn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:28 PM

Hi everyone, 

I'm very sorry for this misunderstanding. This was 100% an oversight, not at all intentional. This survey question has been updated and now includes Logos Bible Software at the top of the list. Please accept my sincere apology for any concerns this has caused.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:35 PM

PetahChristian:
It's not in anyone's best interest to stir up

Perhaps Ur referring to me, + I hope not.  Not putting ''Logos'' in the survey, says ''sloppy'' to me.  Somebody senior should have checked that the survey was A-OK.

Or, maybe it was a type of the Freudian slip on someone's part.

What touches the customer needs to be scrutinized before its shipped.

Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 12:49 PM

scooter:
Not putting ''Logos'' in the survey, says ''sloppy'' to me.  Somebody senior should have checked that the survey was A-OK.

There's only been one person who ever has been, is, and always will be perfect. The rest of us make mistakes, probably millions in our lifetime.

I don't think FL employees make more mistakes than non-FL employees.

I think that ensuring that everything is carefully scrutinized before it is shipped, means that less would get done in a reasonable amount of time (and mean a much greater expense to both the company and to us).

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 1:00 PM

Petah, I feel Ur being sanctimonious.

I'm not their bud.  I'm a customer.  I pay money out to them, or I pay my time out to them on an incomplete survey, which by the nature of the case, gives wrong data in its result.

Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 1:33 PM

scooter:
Petah, I feel Ur being sanctimonious.

I had to look up that word Stick out tongue I certainly don't have a superior vocabulary, scooter!

scooter:
I'm not their bud.  I'm a customer.

They're not a company. They're people (and our neighbors).

Why can't we all just be more compassionate, or more loving, or more gracious, or more merciful to them? Is that unreasonable? Too idealistic?

I'm not saying I measure up, or am better than anyone, morally or otherwise. I have been guilty of many things, and regularly fall SOOO far short of being more like Jesus.

But I think that's the issue here that if we can't measure up to some standard, why should we expect others to accomplish something we fail to do?

scooter:
an incomplete survey, which by the nature of the case, gives wrong data in its result

Oops. (But that's not our problem.)

scooter:
I pay my time out to them

I don't have any agenda to waste your time, but we've both probably spent far more time talking about the survey, than we spent taking it.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 2:24 PM

PetahChristian:
I certainly don't have a superior vocabulary, scooter!

I really like your ability to figure out what FL is selling + where to find.  I cannot be bothered myself, to sort thru turgid information.  You will be invaluable for L8.

PetahChristian:
They're not a company.

I respectfully disagree.

PetahChristian:

scooter:
an incomplete survey, which by the nature of the case, gives wrong data in its result

Oops. (But that's not our problem.)

Except, I am concerned about wrong data, producing wrong conclusions.  Then this produces issues for customers; I want to stay one.

Yup, too long on the survey.  Have a great weekend!!!

Posts 5089
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2018 6:03 PM

PetahChristian:

scooter:
I'm not their bud.  I'm a customer.

They're not a company. They're people (and our neighbors).

I am sorry Petah, but Faithlife is a company. They even say so themselves. 

Do you also tell customers of other companies on their forums that they also don't have a right to ask questions of those companies also because they are  really not companies but people? All companies are made up of people and hence are our neighbors. Our neighbors aren't just those who share a similar faith or sell us faith based products and services, they are people of all walks of life whom we come across.  You can't single out Faithlife and say they are different to any other company, because they in fact are not a company but our neighbors. And you can't tell customers of companies its wrong to ask questions of them when that customer has a concern. Whatever you opinion of that concern might be, it is not your concern but that of the person asking the question.

Petah you often add valuable product related comment and information which I appreciate and value, stick to doing that rather than judging other people for having different concerns to you.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS