Logos4.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
J G Larramendy | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 14 2010 10:30 AM

Can someone help me? When I start Logos 4 I get an error message with the title in the subject line. The box then contains "The procedure entry point ?GetQFDN_Ipv6@@YGKPAG0HH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library wbemcomm.dll." I may have to 0 (zero) confused with an O.

Thanks for any help you might be able to lend.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 11:19 AM

This isn't a Logos4-specific error. What Windows version is installed, and are all the Service Packs and other available updates installed for that version?

Posts 5
J G Larramendy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 12:03 PM

Windows 7 Professional

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 2:02 PM

John G Larramendy:

Windows 7 Professional

Do you get the same error (with different .exe) when using or installing any other programs? 

If you type 'wbemcomn.dll' in the Search programs and files box on the Start Menu, does it come up?  Which folder is it found in?

Posts 5
J G Larramendy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:47 PM

No I do not get the error with any other exe. I am current on updates as for placing "wbemcomm.dll" in the search window the only place it indicated this file was located was in my email from earlier today.

I might also add that I was gone for a while and just returned. When I hit the icon for Logos4 this time i did not receive the error message. It loaded the start page with no problem.

Thank you for your time in helping me try to get this figured out. I like this program very much and depend on it a lot for sermon preperation. I need it to work.

Posts 26606
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 4:03 PM

I don't have wbemcomm.dll on my Win7 Pro installation, but I do have wbemcomn.dll.

I did find a similar error to yours on the web i.e. "The procedure entry point ??1CStaticCritSec@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library wbemcomm.dll" ==> im-having-problems-with-dll-on-my-new-laptop

Did you upgrade from Vista to Win7 or was it a clean install?

EDIT: I'd run a spyware/AV scan even though the problem seems to have 'disappeared'

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
J G Larramendy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 4:15 PM

My install was suppost to be an ugrade but ended up as a new installation, (downgraded from Vista Ulimate), I also di the 64 bit version. I will try the scan. thank you for yhe assistance.

Posts 5
J G Larramendy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 4:25 PM

Dave:

As you might notice my fingers seem to hit a lot of wrong keys. I typed in the wbemcomn.dll and did find a file for it. perhaps my eyes work as well as my fingers. I am running a scan on my laptop right now. Thanks again for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS