Defective display of arrow symbol in TDNT

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 158
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 14 2010 7:48 PM
In my Logos4 copy of TDNT The little arrow symbol used to point to internal references is diplaying as an empty box. The problem does not occur when the same resource displays in Libronix 3. This is a small problem, but an annoyance nonetheless. Does anyone know of an easy fix?
Posts 27978
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 4:51 PM

It appears OK in both my Windows 7 and XP systems. I use L4's default fonts everywhere.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 15 2010 5:13 PM

SamHenderson:
In my Logos4 copy of TDNT The little arrow symbol used to point to internal references is diplaying as an empty box. The problem does not occur when the same resource displays in Libronix 3. This is a small problem, but an annoyance nonetheless. Does anyone know of an easy fix?

What font do you have under Tools > Program Settings > Default font?

Does this problem occur if you have the Default Font set to "Default"? I tried a random variety of other fonts and still the arrow seemed to show up OK, so maybe you're using some font that doesn't have that character in it. Otherwise, I'm mystified. Might be something Customer Service could help you with.

Posts 158
Sam Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 5:57 PM

Nice one Rosie. I clicked through the options available under the default font, selected Times New Roman, and the TDNT arrows display.

Thanks.

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2010 6:19 PM

SamHenderson:

Nice one Rosie. I clicked through the options available under the default font, selected Times New Roman, and the TDNT arrows display.

Good! I'm curious to know which font it was you were using before that didn't have the arrows displaying. Just in case this question comes up again on the forums.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS