Wilbur N. Pickering NT collection - what is included?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 2 2018 12:42 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/43193/wilbur-n-pickering-new-testament-collection

Seems one receives his translation, along with a modest package of notes in volume one.

The FL information says the second volume contains his translation, yet all six sample pages are in Greek.  Perhaps, then, volume two contains no English.

I know no Greek.  Would book one be of value??  

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 2 2018 1:44 PM

To me it appears Volume 2 is Pickering‘s version of the Greek New Testament based on a group of  Byztatine manuscripts  called Family 35. The use of the word translation in its description is misleading as to whatthe volume contains. Volume 1 is where you get his English translation of  Volume 2 along with textual commentary notes about the translation.

The resource type translation does not give clarity as to whether volume 1 will be setup as a bible or a commentary. Volume 2 should be a bible but FL sometimes does not do what we expect. 

scooter:

https://www.logos.com/product/43193/wilbur-n-pickering-new-testament-collection

Seems one receives his translation, along with a modest package of notes in volume one.

The FL information says the second volume contains his translation, yet all six sample pages are in Greek.  Perhaps, then, volume two contains no English.

I know no Greek.  Would book one be of value??  

Posts 9
Silvio Genaro Neto | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:38 AM

You can download these resources in pdf in: https://www.prunch.com.br/en/
A
vailable according the author!

Posts 1447
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2021 9:59 AM

DIsciple II:
Pickering‘s version of the Greek New Testament based on a group of  Byztatine manuscripts  called Family 35

From description: "For some time Dr. Pickering has felt that among the many hundreds of Greek manuscripts known to exist today, surely God would have preserved the original wording. After years of searching and comparing Greek NT manuscripts, he has concluded that God used a certain line of transmission to preserve that wording. That line is by far the largest and most cohesive of all manuscript groups, or families. It is distinguished from all other groups by the high level of care with which it was copied (Dr. Pickering holds copies of perfect manuscripts for 22 of the 27 books). It is both ancient and independent, and is the only one that has a demonstrable archetypal form in all 27 books. That archetypal form has been empirically, objectively identified by a wide comparison of family representatives, and it is indeed error free. As he expected, that error-free text is not seriously different from some of the other “good” Greek texts. Nevertheless he has done an English translation based on it."

I'm just so happy, finally after 2,000 years, there's an error free New Testament. The unfortunate problem is, it's not the error-free translation (that'd be the KJV). And I'm just a decade or so, from the pearly gates ... what to do?? What if I picked an error-version (George is not smiling ... gnostic Christianity!).

But more seriously, I'd agree a recent majority-text amalgam is probably closer than the USB/NA amalgams primarily from Egypt. What did Jereboam prophesy about Egypt ... oh wait, not manuscripts.

Posts 9081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 16 2021 12:29 PM

As long as it doesn’t include salmon, corn, squash and other trash it should be fine 👍 I got the kindle and preordered the other just in case I like it. 👌

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS