7-10-18 Daily Deal

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:22 AM

I haven't read this book yet but it has been sitting in my wish list for a while and is the daily deal for today.  Check Twitter for the code (Fb is taking a sabbatical).  Looks like an interesting study on the temple throughout the bible at least until they get Hays book on the Tabernacle into logos.

www.logos.com/product/3116/

Heaven on Earth by Desmond Alexander and Simon Gathercole but it really is a book of essays with one by Beale on Revelation

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:43 AM

Mattillo:

I haven't read this book yet but it has been sitting in my wish list for a while and is the daily deal for today.  Check Twitter for the code (Fb is taking a sabbatical).  Looks like an interesting study on the temple throughout the bible at least until they get Hays book on the Tabernacle into logos.

www.logos.com/product/3116/

Heaven on Earth by Desmond Alexander and Simon Gathercole but it really is a book of essays with one by Beale on Revelation

Is the Hays book even better then - if you know?

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:57 AM

Mr Paul Sir

I haven't read the Daily Deal book yet so it would be hard to compare but when I read Hay's The Temple and the Tabernacle in 2016 I was very impressed.  It is only 200 or so pages but it is filled with wonderful artwork and pictures that explained to me how the Temple and Tabernacle changed throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.  For me it was the first real in-depth book I read on the topic and I had a hard time putting it down.  Maybe it is time for me to re-read it :)

Link to Amazon: www.amazon.com/dp/0801016207/

Challies Review: www.challies.com/book-reviews/the-temple-and-the-tabernacle/

Posts 3003
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 6:59 AM

I should also note that I am a footnote chaser so I can say that at least one Logos book mentioned the daily deal of today which is why I would have added it to my wishlist.  I'd guess it was cited in a Beale commentary or a Heiser book/article but I do not remember.

Posts 818
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 7:23 AM

Mattillo:

Mr Paul Sir

I haven't read the Daily Deal book yet so it would be hard to compare but when I read Hay's The Temple and the Tabernacle in 2016 I was very impressed.  It is only 200 or so pages but it is filled with wonderful artwork and pictures that explained to me how the Temple and Tabernacle changed throughout the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.  For me it was the first real in-depth book I read on the topic and I had a hard time putting it down.  Maybe it is time for me to re-read it :)

Link to Amazon: www.amazon.com/dp/0801016207/

Challies Review: www.challies.com/book-reviews/the-temple-and-the-tabernacle/

Thanks Mattillo

I picked up the Hays book in another software recently when it was incredibly cheap, but haven't got round to reading it yet. I was tempted by today's Daily Deal, but may save my dollars given I have the Hays book.

Posts 589
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 10 2018 9:18 AM

Thanks for pointing this out!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS