Creating a synopsis?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
andy boakye | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 17 2018 11:35 AM

Can I create a gospels Greek parallel of all verses related to John the Baptist with Logos?

Love  Andy Boakye. 
Posts 21574
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 12:11 PM

HI Andy - and welcome to the forums

andy boakye:
Can I create a gospels Greek parallel of all verses related to John the Baptist with Logos?

I'm not sure if this gives you what you want but below I have two copies of NA28 open - one doing an inline search of Matthew for references to John and another doing the same thing in Mark. (And this could be extended to include Luke and John as well)

Does this help at all?

Graham

Posts 2166
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 12:15 PM

andy boakye:

Love  Andy Boakye. 

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums! Smile

A Person Search is what you are looking for. I will provide a screenshot below. After you get the results you can Save as a Passage List. This is found in the drop-down menu found by clicking on the downward pointing triangle under the big magnifying glass. You can then export the data to Word. I later noticed that I didn't limit my Search to the Gospels, this is easily rectified by selecting the required parameters in the appropriate field.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 3
andy boakye | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 12:39 PM

Dear Graham. 

This is great, thank you so much! 

Blessings,

Andy. 

Posts 3
andy boakye | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 12:41 PM

Dear Beloved, 

This is brilliant. I clearly have a lot to learn with Logos! 

God bless, 

Andy. 

Posts 2166
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 12:51 PM

andy boakye:
I clearly have a lot to learn with Logos!

The wonderful thing about Logos and the forums is we learn together.

Beloved

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2018 3:28 PM

Once you have the passage list you can apply it as a filter to any of your bibles in order to view those verses only in the translation of your choice.

Posts 126
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2018 6:53 PM

Hi Andy,

Welcome to Logos! I've really benefited from Morris Proctor's Camp Logos, and his manuals. They aren't cheap ($400 for Camp 1 and 2 combined), but they are definitely worth it. His website is http://http://mpseminars.com. He covers Logos in tremendous detail, and walks you through every aspect of the program. He also helps you set up Logos to work efficiently, and helps you to create custom guides that function much faster than the stock guides. I've emailed Mo with questions several times since attending his training, and he gets back personally and fairly quickly, given his schedule.

Greg

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS