Up To 82% Discount

Page 5 of 7 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 120 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 144
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 4:58 PM

Guys, does this process mean that the Good Doctor travels to Logos to record the course only after a certain amount of money is pledged; or, is it already recorded and the course is only packaged up and made ready for retail release once the pledges are in?

Also,

Does anybody know how much money needs to be pledged before a resource like this is OK'ed?   Is it a few thousand or tens of thousands or?????

Also, and finally,

How much longer will this mighty and wonderful (for me at least) resource be hung up based on the experience of the old timers (I am older that any of you!) here......and once it has the go ahead,  is it weeks, months or years before it is released to me.

thanks

Rob

Posts 6063
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 5:15 PM

$90 Bidders go back to $100 because, clearly, your strategy isn’t working and the $90 bucks line isn’t moving and the $100 is lower and stuck too.  Just remember that at $90 FL will need more bidders to fund this. At $100 I think we can make it cross the line sooner, but at $90 this will be stuck in limbo for a really long time.  Don’t be cheap, it’s only $10 bucks difference!

DAL

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 6:12 PM

DAL:

At $100 I think we can make it cross the line sooner, but at $90 this will be stuck in limbo for a really long time.

Yes

Posts 908
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 6:16 PM

DAL:
$90 Bidders go back to $100 because, clearly, your strategy isn’t working and the $90 bucks line isn’t moving and the $100 is lower and stuck too.

Indeed. Bidding $90 instead of $100 is effectively snatching defeat from the jaws of victory Sad

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 6:22 PM

Rob Lambert:
does this process mean that the Good Doctor travels to Logos to record the course only after a certain amount of money is pledged; or, is it already recorded and the course is only packaged up and made ready for retail release once the pledges are in?

FL generally doesn't start producing a resource until it's been fully funded. Otherwise, FL might not have enough initial buyers to cover their cost to produce it.

Rob Lambert:
Does anybody know how much money needs to be pledged before a resource like this is OK'ed?   Is it a few thousand or tens of thousands or?????

Nope (although if you estimate how many bids it took to reach 100% funding, it's more likely to be $10,000-$99,999 rather than $1,000-$9,999).

Rob Lambert:
once it has the go ahead,  is it weeks, months or years before it is released to me

Not weeks. Generally around 6 to 9 months.

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 25 2018 6:42 PM

DAL:

Don’t be cheap, it’s only $10 bucks difference!

Please send me $10 to help cover the difference Stick out tongue

I don't think it's being cheap. The course may have great value, and $100 might be a steal, but it may simply come down to what people can afford to pay.

I'm sure you're aware that there are plenty of people in the US who live on a limited income, and have to make difficult choices between food and paying bills, or food and medication.

Posts 613
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 12:18 PM

PetahChristian:

I'm sure you're aware that there are plenty of people in the US who live on a limited income, and have to make difficult choices between food and paying bills, or food and medication.

And Im sure those people are not trying to buy a pre-pub Mobile Ed course on Old Testament Theology...  You can get a book cheaper.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Old+Testament+Theology%22 

Posts 2106
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:32 PM

I suggest it's about what people are willing to pay, not what people can afford.

For example, I can afford the course for $100, but I'm not willing to pay it.

Why am I not willing to pay it? Because for the same amount I can buy two or three good books on the topic. Because a base package has a much better value for price. Because there are other CP courses coming up with more interesting topics. Others might have other reasons.

And it's not just $10 either. If I increased all my CP bids by $10, that'd be one massive bill in the end -- not only increasing the price of the individual resources, but also ending up buying lots of resources at prices I'm not willing to pay for them.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 6063
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 4:16 PM

Michael S.:

PetahChristian:

And Im sure those people are not trying to buy a pre-pub Mobile Ed course on Old Testament Theology...  You can get a book cheaper.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Old+Testament+Theology%22 

Compared to the course the book is not cheaper. It’s $41.99 and you have to read it. The course you watch the actual author teaching the material.  So for $60 bucks extra, I’d rather watch than read.

Book $41.99: https://www.logos.com/product/17275/an-old-testament-theology 

Course could be $100 or a little less: https://www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology 

👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 1:19 AM

Bruce Waltke's substantial (16 hour) OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is close to crossing the Community Pricing line at the $100 price-point. That represents a saving of 82%.

This is a great time to get on-board and secure this discount for yourself: you could get a $560 dollar course for a hundred bucks!

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

Please take this opportunity to click the link and consider if this product would be of value to you.

One of the things I love most about Old Testament theology is how it opens up our understanding of New Testament theology.

Posts 82
Kristine Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 11:56 AM

My new-looking Order History page https://connect.faithlife.com/account/communitypricingbids shows that I have no community pricing bids.  I actually show I have $100 bid on this item.  The regular Order History page shows my bid.

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 27 2018 12:45 PM

Kristine Lewis:

My new-looking Order History page https://connect.faithlife.com/account/communitypricingbids shows that I have no community pricing bids.  I actually show I have $100 bid on this item.  The regular Order History page shows my bid.

The old one at Logos.com still seems ok

https://www.logos.com/account/orders/communitypricingbids

Posts 144
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 1:55 PM

YIPPEE:

from Logos......

"Bidding will close on 8/31/2018 at 12:00pm Pacific time for Mobile Ed: OT300 Old Testament Theology (16 hour course).

The current community price for this product is $100.00.

Your bid for this product is $100.00.

Upon closing, your current bid will be successful and your Pre-Pub order for this product will be placed at the community price.

The final price for this product will be lower for everyone if we receive enough new bids before the closing date, so please spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this. Thank you for your interest in this product!

Logos Bible Software
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
1-800-875-6467"

Posts 2968
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 1:58 PM

Gordon Jones:

This is a great time to get on-board and secure this discount for yourself: you could get a $560 dollar course for a hundred bucks!

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

Please take this opportunity to click the link and consider if this product would be of value to you.

OT300 just crossed the line at $100. Bidding will close on 8/31/2018 at 12:00pm Pacific time.

If you haven't bid yet (or raised your bid to a successful amount), you've only got a few days to place an order at CP pricing.

(Note that you can always cancel later, but if you reorder it, it would be priced at Pre-Pub, not the original CP price.)

Posts 6063
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:42 PM

Now it’s the time! All bidders, $150 and $90 shoot for $100 with all your might and that’ll cause the line to exceed the limits of “too many orders” and that should drive the $90 price up to cross the line too and that way everybody wins and $90 will become the new price 👍😁👌 Act fast, time is running out!

DAL

Posts 496
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:56 PM

Yes

Posts 509
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 3:08 PM

It looks like there's a chance that the price could fall to $90. That would be an astounding 84% off. Wow Big Smile

Posts 6063
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:02 PM

Gordon Jones:

It looks like there's a chance that the price could fall to $90. That would be an astounding 84% off. Wow Big Smile

If everybody follows my advice, it definitely will.  We still have time, but everyone in the $90‘s and $150‘s price, I mean everyone needs to switch their bids to $100. 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 775
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 8:00 PM

DAL:
I mean everyone needs to switch their bids to $100

Please tell me how this gets us 90 bucks.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 29 2018 11:48 PM

Moving from $150 to $100 will have no impact on $100 peak as its already included in the $100 peak along with the $90 peak.

DAL:

Gordon Jones:

If everybody follows my advice, it definitely will.  We still have time, but everyone in the $90‘s and $150‘s price, I mean everyone needs to switch their bids to $100. 👍😁👌

DAL

Page 5 of 7 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS