Crashes on install

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
John Cowles | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 31 2018 7:48 AM

I am installing Logos for the first time on my Mac Pro running High Sierra and it just spins saying "preparing library" for a long time and then quits unexpectedly. 

8750.LogosLogs.johncowlesmacpro.20180731-093735.zip

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:23 AM

John Cowles:
I am installing Logos for the first time on my Mac Pro

Are you new to Mac, New to this computer, or just newly installing Logos on this particular machine? 

I am only a quasi techie, but this appears to be the problem: 

Logs:
2018-07-31 09:30:23.4962 | FATAL | 1 | OurAppController | System.Security.SecurityException: No access to the given key ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Volumes/MacProDATA/Users/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software" is denied.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
John Cowles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 10:37 AM

Not new to Mac, this is a new build/install.

Logos has never been installed on this Mac.

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 11:09 AM

Thanks John. We have had a number of new Mac users recently with issues primarily related to learning how to use their Mac (i.e. they didn't know how to properly install the software). 

My guess is that you have a permissions issue, but I am not positive. You could try the instructions found here: https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/sign-in-problem 

You may need to contact FL directly by phone. 

Posts 3
John Cowles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 12:00 PM

Not new to Apple products, actually an IT tech trying to install Logos on pastor's Mac. It is NOT a permissions problem. He entered his email and password and it sits at this screen (see below) for 3 to 4 minutes then he receives a "crash report". 

Posts 27776
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 12:42 PM

John Cowles:
actually an IT tech trying to install Logos on pastor's Mac

If there is PLENTY of space on the drive, then I would call FL to get assistance. 

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 31 2018 2:48 PM

John Cowles:
Not new to Apple products, actually an IT tech trying to install Logos on pastor's Mac.

Welcome Big Smile

JT (alabama24):

I am only a quasi techie, but this appears to be the problem: 

Logs:
2018-07-31 09:30:23.4962 | FATAL | 1 | OurAppController | System.Security.SecurityException: No access to the given key ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Volumes/MacProDATA/Users/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software" is denied.

Path looks odd. Has Pastor's ~ alias been modified ? (personally suspect ~ alias modification plus one or more folders in path lack rwx permissions for Pastor)

Typically ~ alias resolves to /Users that is followed by user's name (path looks odd without username between Users and .mono)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS