Take advantage of 25% sale or wait for 8?

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 3 2018 6:16 PM

I decided to go for Reformed Bronze as it added some great resources for a great price. The cost of the entire package was almost the same as the sale price for The Bible Knowledge Background Commentary: New Testament.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 139
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:55 AM

I did something very similar to what you did to get the Bible Background Commentary. I went with the Reformed Starter package for about $3 more and got a few more resources worth more than the extra I paid.

Posts 227
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 12:34 PM

L8 might bring a worse deal with less things you want at your current upgrade price point. You will already have a significant part of the next upgrade, so dynamic pricing will be favourable. If faithlife significantly play with the packages, you may find that you have to spend a good amount just to get to the same dynamic price for the equivalent L8 package that includes the select things you wish for.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:05 PM

SeeHisFace:

L8 might bring a worse deal with less things you want at your current upgrade price point. You will already have a significant part of the next upgrade, so dynamic pricing will be favourable. If faithlife significantly play with the packages, you may find that you have to spend a good amount just to get to the same dynamic price for the equivalent L8 package that includes the select things you wish for.

It works both ways. L8 packages might include things that aren't bundled with L7, providing a much better discount than if you bought those things separately before L8.

Posts 4917
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 4:13 AM

SeeHisFace:

Yes

I don’t believe you should rely upon other people’s opinions for a decision like this one. If a Logos 7 base package has what you want and with the discount on offer is in your price range then seriously consider purchasing now. We only have wild speculation on when 8 will be released and what resources others value / want maybe different to your needs.

Posts 227
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 9 2018 5:38 AM

I made a silver purchase, wanting primarily the Tyndale OT commentary and Church Fathers, if the packges had change much it may of cost considerably more to acquire them after L8 released, it almost certainly would not of been any cheaper.

This was what I was trying to highlight, just wanting a selected few the next currently available upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS