Is this a context menu mistake?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8631
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 4 2018 10:54 AM

Today I was reading my Greek NT and came across something that I didn't understand in Acts 18:5 in the context menu for the word συνείχετο whose lemma is συνέχω. To me it looks like a mistake for I have no idea what "do thou(m) remove" means. I'm not sure where this is being pulled from but I don't think it is from BDAG where the definition is "to hold together" or "to hold close". Can someone help me understand this? Is it a mistake?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2071
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 4 2018 12:09 PM

An error. It sure looks like it to me.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 8631
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:08 AM

What's the best way to report this type of error?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 12813
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:14 AM

Bruce Dunning:
What's the best way to report this type of error?

As the error affects reverse interlinears, I'd be inclined to send it to revint@logos.com 

https://www.logos.com/support/reportaproblem

Posts 7827
LogosEmployee

This error has been reported to the appropriate team; you don't need to send an email.

Posts 1205
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 8:48 AM

We're aware. I don't believe it affects reverse interlinears (but please show me if it does); it appears to be an issue with a gloss that made its way into the data that associates glosses with lemmas for display in contexts like this.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 24029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 7 2018 4:20 PM

The gloss is different for NRSV, NABRE ---> close, confine, hold together. But the Word Info lemma (in Information tool) shows "do thou (m) remove" on hover!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS