How Can I Delete a personal book I have created?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 23
Frank | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:45 PM

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to delete a personal book I created....I do upload all my personal books b/c I work on different PCs.....

I see a delete button but it is grayed out..nothing seems to work

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Frank

Posts 2730
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 1:21 PM

Create a DOCX file called dummy000.docx   With just the text "Deleted Personal Book"

open to edit the personal book you want to delete

Change the name to Dummy000

Change the file to use to dummy000.docx 

rebuild the personal book

The personal book Dummy000 will show up in your library 

BUT the next time you want to make a new personal book just reuse Dummy000 and using the new file and rename to the new name

This does not delete the file, it only renames it, but when you make a new personal book reusing a Dummy one the unwanted one will finally be gone. 

If you have more than one PBB then name them Dummy001, Dummy002 etc  

This method works for me but I only have one PC so I do not upload any.  Not sure what this work a round does to the Meg a data.

Posts 23
Frank | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 1:39 PM

David,

Thanks for the quick reply....it seems like there should be a "easier" way to do this...

I really like how Logos lets you make personal books so I have a lot (25?).....on the personal book  I wanted to delete I even removed the file reference so the book is blank....so I will probably just rename that to "dummy01" ...

But I still don't understand why I can see a "delete"  when I select a book and hover over it...could this be a software "bug"???

Thanks again!

Frank

Posts 26238
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 5 2018 2:28 PM

Frank:
Thanks for the quick reply....it seems like there should be a "easier" way to do this...

For books you have uploaded you can only hide them. They can't be permanently deleted. 

If you want to reuse it later (i.e. unhide it), don't remove it from the Personal Books tool.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 23
Frank | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 6 2018 11:19 AM

Dave,

Thank you for your response...I have hidden that resource , restarted Logos ...it still appears in my personal books but not in the library window...so I was able to use the delete button to remove it from my personal books..that will work for me!

Thanks again

Frank

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS