Crash on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Glenn Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 18 2018 7:51 AM

Logos 7 fails to open. It says "indexing Library" then the music sound starts and end abruptly.

Safari was the only program opened. Plenty of memory, disc space, etc.:

MacBook Pro - Retina , Late 2013 - 2.3 Ghz i7 4 Cores, 16 Gig DDR3 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, 512 SSD (227.66 GB Available) 

I tried all of the suggestions.... Delete and Reload Logos 7, Cleared memory, Logs, etc. 

Attached is the Archive Logs for this morning... 

Blessing... Glenn Scott

8765.LogosLogs.MacBook.20180818-093400.zip

Posts 12
Ben Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 4:39 PM

I've been having a similar problem with my Logos 7 on macOS 10.13.6. When I click on the Logos app icon on my desktop, the icon bounces once on the dock and then nothing happens. I never even get the splash screen. There's still a black dot underneath the app icon (indicating that it's open), but Logos never actually opens. When I right click on the icon, I see "Application not responding".

One thing that does seem to help consistently is holding my <Option> (or <Alt> on a Windows keyboard) key when I launch Logos. This seems to get Logos to open properly every time.

Posts 30070
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 5:21 PM

Ben Clark:
I've been having a similar problem

I would try opening the app from the "applications" folder, rather than from the dock. 

I dont think it is related, but in any case please create a new thread. Explain your issue clearly and provide appropriate details. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19475
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2018 8:38 PM

Glenn Scott:
I tried all of the suggestions.... Delete and Reload Logos 7

Welcome Big Smile

LogosCrash.txt and Logos.log show version 7.16.0.0012 on 18 Aug 18.

One suggestion is downloading 7.17.0.0020 (stable release as of Mon 20 Aug 18) => https://www.logos.com/install followed by:

• Opening disk image
  • Drag Logos to your Application Folder (yes for replace)
  • Close disk image
  • Open Logos

If crash repeats, then attach new zip file. Also can contact Faithlife technical support => https://www.logos.com/contact

FYI: Finder Get Info shows version 7.17.0.20 for current stable release.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS