Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 3:14 PM

For some reason, when I generate a Passage Guide, Commentary on the Old Testament (Keil and Delitzsch) is not showing up under the Commentary section.  Is there a reason for this?  Is there a setting that I can change that would resolve this situation?  Grateful for any feedback.

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 4:40 PM

Irving,

If you open the Commentary on the Old Testament by Keil and Delitzsch and then run the Passage Guide, it should show up as the first result under the commentaries section. You should get the same result after the Commentary on the Old Testament by Keil and Delitzsch has been closed. If you find that this is not occurring, let me know and I will look into this more for you.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 5:17 PM

Deborah,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I did exactly what you suggested.  I opened up Commentary on the Old Testament by Keil and Delitzsch first and then ran the Passage Guide.  Unfortunately, "No sale;" even running it that way failed to have Keil and Delitzsch show up in the Passage Guide.  For the record, I am running Libronix 3.0g on Windows XP Service Pack 3.  Thanks so much for your help.

Irving Salzman

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 5:30 PM

PS - I also click on the word "More" at the bottom of the revealed commentaries so that I get the full exhaustive list.  No sign of K&D unfortunately.

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 2:49 AM

IrvingSalzman:
Unfortunately, "No sale;" even running it that way failed to have Keil and Delitzsch show up in the Passage Guide.  

K&D won't show up if I include it in a collection of commentaries and tell PG to use that collection (which is the standard way to get your favourite commentaries to appear in alphabetic order).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19175
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 3:12 AM

Hmm, I ran a custom PG the other night on Ex 31:1–11 and K&D showed up. It was my customized PG that has sections for all the different commentary types I have tagged and made into collections.

What was the passage you were running the PG on? Is it possible that K&D doesn't have anything on that particular passage and that's why it didn't show up?

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 4:45 AM

Rosie Perera:
Hmm, I ran a custom PG the other night on Ex 31:1–11 and K&D showed up.

Just now it decided to show in the Commentaries section! It wouldn't appear 10 minutes ago for Ex 31 - can't stop it now. I did a Libronix Update which had a few resource associations but it didn't have an immediate effect after a restart. Still might be worth ensuring L3 is up-to-date.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:31 AM

Thank you, Dave.  But I have not included K&D in any collections.  My Libronix 3 is thoroughly up-to-date.  I can access K&D through the My Library icon, but it will not show up in the Passage Guide.  I even reinstalled the K&D book files.  No dice.  I am completely stymied and clueless about how to proceed.

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:35 AM

I should also say that the Passage around which my Passage Guide was built is definitely a passage upon which K&D comments.  I know because I opened K&D manually and opened to that section.  But to have to open up K&D every time I run a Passage Guide would be a hassle.  It would be much more convenient if it showed up in the Passage Guide and I could then click on the link to open up K&D to the exact location.

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:38 AM

The passage was Isaiah 52:13-53:12.  K&D definitely does comment on that section.  I know because I opened K&D manually when it didn't show up in my PG.  Thanks for asking though.

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:41 AM

Just as a thought, is it possible that my Resource association that governs K&D has become corrupted?  Is it possible to download a fresh Resource Association for K&D?

Posts 19175
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 5:36 PM

IrvingSalzman:

Just as a thought, is it possible that my Resource association that governs K&D has become corrupted?  Is it possible to download a fresh Resource Association for K&D?

If this were happening in Logos 4, I would say it could be a problem with the index and I'd recommend forcing a rebuild of your entire index. But that's not how L3 works, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 6:03 PM

Thanks Rosie.

Not your fault, but such is the quagmire in which I find myself.  No one knows what to suggest.  Surely there must be some logical explanation for why K&D doesn't show up in my Passage Guide.  And surely there must be some sort of fix for this.  What can I do to get this resolved?  I know that I can open K&D manually from the My Library panel.  But that is a hassle.  Libronix is designed to have commentaries appear in the Passage Guide.  So something is not right here.  And nobody seems to have any ideas.  What's my next step?

Posts 26497
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 9:52 PM

IrvingSalzman:
Libronix is designed to have commentaries appear in the Passage Guide.  So something is not right here.  And nobody seems to have any ideas.  What's my next step?

Hopefully Deborah will get back with a solution that allows K & D to be treated as a commentary. In the meantime create a Collection of your commentaries and use that in PG.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19175
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 11:02 PM

Dave Hooton:

Hopefully Deborah will get back with a solution that allows K & D to be treated as a commentary.

If she doesn't get back to you here on this thread, she left her email address and you could contact her directly that way. Or call Customer Service.

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 10:33 AM

Everyone,

I have passed this information onto our Customer Support team and someone from there should be getting in touch with Irving.

Thank you!

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 124
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 2:50 PM

Thank you, Dave, Rosie, and Deborah.

I am leaving tomorrow to go to Poland and Belarus, so I will be out of commission for the next fortnight, however I will look forward to receiving any solutions that come my way when I get home.  Again, thank you to all.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS