Upgrading to 7.17 triggered a full reindex

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 21 2018 4:07 AM

I've just upgraded to Logos 7.17 on Windows 10 and it triggered a rebuild of the complete index.

The indexer log has:

2018-08-21 09:36:09.7639 7 Info LibraryIndex No resources need to be indexed.
2018-08-21 09:36:09.7659 7 Info LibraryIndex Re-indexing because the existing index is corrupt or missing.

So it may have been that the index was corrupt or missing! But it had been working fine and it seems rather coincidental.

I've attached the Logos.log and Logosindexer.log file.

0647.Logos.log

2318.LogosIndexer.log

I'm just wondering if there actually was a problem with my installation - in which case it should now be fixed - or if there is a wider problem with the Logos 7.17 update

Any insight appreciated.

Graham

Posts 5017
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 6:01 AM

Graham Criddle:
I'm just wondering if there actually was a problem with my installation - in which case it should now be fixed - or if there is a wider problem with the Logos 7.17 update

I did not have a rebuild of the complete index triggered when the upgrade took place Graham. I wonder if anyone else had the same issue as you.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:24 AM

Thanks doc

I'm hoping it was just me!

Posts 8012
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:

Unfortunately, the log file doesn't list the specifics of why the program thought the existing index was corrupt.

If it were a more widespread problem, it's likely that your indexer would have rebuilt both your BibleIndex and LibraryIndex; however, it only rebuilt the LibraryIndexer (unfortunately, the larger one), which indicates to me that it really was just a problem with that file specifically (and so just a problem with your installation).

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 3:02 PM

Thanks Bradley

That works for me!

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS