Several Problems with new update

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 217
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:39 AM

The update installed fine. L7 opens and is done indexing, but there are these 2 problems with the Library function. a. When I enter "Mark" in the Library search bar, I do not get a list of resources with Mark either in the title or the author. b. Hovering over a resource on the list will not bring up its information - you must right click on it to see any more info. https://www.dropbox.com/s/itq5o4jd7lyif9l/Screenshot%202018-08-21%2010.37.40.png?dl=0

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:59 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
When I enter "Mark" in the Library search bar, I do not get a list of resources with Mark either in the title or the author.

Searching in the library will search title, author, publisher, subject, tags, and even the description. For a very general search term like 'Mark', you'll need to sort by rank. To do so, click in the first column header in the library.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:59 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
When I enter "Mark" in the Library search bar, I do not get a list of resources with Mark either in the title or the author.

In the first three cases shown - all I checked - "mark" is actually present. In the first and the third it is in the description, in the second it is in the author's name.

Reid A Ferguson:
Hovering over a resource on the list will not bring up its information - you must right click on it to see any more info

Having the Information panel open disables the "information on hover" feature. If you close the pane you should see the popup again.

Reid A Ferguson:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/itq5o4jd7lyif9l/Screenshot%202018-08-21%2010.37.40.png?dl=0

And it's a lot easier to look at if you post the screenshot directly into the post using the paperclip icon.

Posts 217
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 8:22 AM

Hah! I must have inadvertently hit the rank sort button and goofed it up myself. Thanks for correcting my blunder. Now I know. Cool!  

Posts 217
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 8:23 AM

You guys are so patient. Must be I need more coffee this morning because I am just missing the basics. Thanks so much. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS