Study Bible based on NRSV

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:12 AM

I hope I'm simply missing it, but does Logos offer a Study Bible based on the NRSV? I have more than 200 resources that use the NRSV as their base translation.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5250
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 10:01 AM

Logos desperately needs:

HarperCollins Study Bible

New Oxford Annotated Bible

New Interpreter's Study Bible (Metzger called this the best study Bible available and this was after the 3rd edition of the the NOAB was released).

In a none NRSV base they should have the CEB Study Bible....

Also I feel Lexham should expand their FSB to include an edition with the "Apocrypha" to make it a choice more acceptable for differing groups like catholics... and an ecumenical version would not be terrible hard since we have Lexham Septuagint in the common ecumenical cannon the only thing that is missing is 2 esdras.

My solution for lack of a true NRSV based Study Bible is to have EerdmansCommentary on the Bible (ECB) open parallel to NRSV to act as a stop gap measure. When ideally what i want is NOAB or NISB.

-dan

Posts 5019
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 26 2018 1:37 PM

Agreed Dan, I have turned to other platforms to gain access to some of your suggestions.

Posts 5250
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 11:21 AM

FYI the NOAB has just been released in other software and Logos still has no NRSV based study Bible.

-dan

Posts 1496
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 12:32 PM

Dan Francis:

Logos desperately needs:

HarperCollins Study Bible

New Oxford Annotated Bible

New Interpreter's Study Bible 

Yes! If these were more conservative they would have been out years ago. Zip it!

Posts 5250
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2019 2:27 PM

Josh:
Yes! If these were more conservative they would have been out years ago. Zip it!

Likely yes... but FL has many customers who would like these. HSB and NOAB are required books for many university courses but you have to turn to Olivetree or Accordance to get one of those. And for the majority of users they will use one program and if they have bought another may well stick with it. the NISB is more conservative than the 12 volume commentary and has long been available in the two companies mentioned. But we have not even scene them show up prepub so we may never know how much interest there is.

-dan

Posts 1496
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:14 PM

I recently created a new UserVoice book suggestion for the Access Study Bible. It uses the NRSV.

Vote in UserVoice: https://suggestbooks.uservoice.com/forums/308269-book-suggestions/suggestions/38793277-access-bible-study-bible-notes

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Access-Bible-Gail-R-ODay/dp/0199777535/ 

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:34 AM

Josh:
Access Study Bible. It uses the NRSV.

This is a good choice for a broad audience. Our local Barnes & Noble carries this with a reasonable sales rate.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS