Flip side learning using Logos Flashcards

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 698
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 10 2018 4:24 PM

Is there a way to quiz yourself using the reverse side of the cards using Logos Flashcards? For example, I've got a stack of Latin words, and it'll show me the Latin word and I'll come up with the English translation. However, I'd also like to see the English word and come up with the Latin translation.

I'm using Android.

Lew

Posts 8368
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 5:01 PM

I don't think this is possible but I would like to be shown to be wrong about that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8
Phil Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2018 7:16 PM

You can but it requires manual manipulation of the word list to exchange the card face and gloss entries. 

Posts 164
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 7:40 AM

Just get an Anki flashcard program. It's a far superior method. First, it makes simpler to do the sort of thing you're talking about. Second, it utilizes proven memory enhancing techniques like spacing to help you get the information into your long-term memory.

Try apps.ankiweb.net 

(The UI can be confusing at first and so it has a bit of a steep learning curve but is worth the effort. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask)

Posts 288
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 11:11 AM

Personally, I use Quizlet. Easy to use, content you can trust, gamification. What's not to like?

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 698
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:40 PM

I've started looking into other apps as well. I've stuck with Logos Flashcards because I like being able to go from verse to word list to cards so quickly. But I'll admit, it needs a little richer feature set to compete with some others in terms of creating and effectively using cards outside its bailiwick.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS