Word Wrapping in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Chad | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 22 2018 2:53 AM

Greetings. As the forum search isn't working this morning, I've resorted to posting a new item. Apologies if this upsets the apple cart.

I'm a Bibleworks crossgrader, so go easy on me as I'm just learning! =)

Started taking notes today for devotional reading, but the text in the notes doesn't wrap to the window width. Hence, if writing a long note, it appears on a single line and I must scroll left/right in order to read the note.

Is there a way I can enable text wrapping? 

Thanks!

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 3:13 AM

Good Morning Chad, and welcome to the forums (and to Logos from Bibleworks)!

What you are seeing is not normal. You should be seeing a scroll bar on the right of the notes panel, so something is not right.

Could you try closing your notes panel and reopening it?

What happens if you switch from Full to Split view?

Try closing all the panels (click on the circled X in the upper right) and reopening them.

Also try restarting Logos.

Let us know what happens...we'll keep trying to help.

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 5:21 AM

Hi Chad

There are two fields associated with a note - the title field and the contents field.

The title field is designed for a brief title, whereas you can put a lot of text in the contents field

Try clicking in the contents field and see if that gives you the space to enter your full text

Posts 8
Chad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 2:39 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. 

After closing my notes and closing the Logos app on my mac, I then reopend the app.

Now I don't know how to find my notes. Guess the joke is on me! =)

I titled my notes "Devotional Reading Notes" before I close the tab and program.

Posts 8
Chad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 2:43 PM

Ah ha!!!

It was the field I was using!
Well done, Graham!

Once I digested your reply, I went back and "noted" the two different fields, and now my text wraps and now I am also seated, clothed, and in my right mind.

Thanks!!

Posts 8
Chad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 2:44 PM

Also, I found my devotional reading notes just sitting there waiting to be opened when I clicked on the Documents menu. All good now!

Posts 21702
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 6:56 PM

Hi Chad

Glad you have it sorted - and please do post back with any further questions about the use of Logos software

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS