freeze computer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Rev. Lynn K Hansen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 25 2018 10:22 AM

My computer freezes once in awhile when opening Libronix. I sent you a screen shot of what I see, except that the screenshot does not show the spinning colored ball.

4061.LogosLogs.lynnhansen.20181025-121314.zip

Posts 32
Zachary Craft | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 11:34 AM

Hello Lynn,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having running Logos on your Mac. Can you provide your system specifications?

• What version of MacOSX are you running?
  • Is Logos installed on an SSD or HDD drive.
  • How much RAM does your machine have?
  • Why type of processor do you have (Intel/AMD, generation, speed, etc.)
  • Are you on a broadband internet connection?

To find your Mac's basic specs, click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From the drop-down menu, click About This Mac to open the System Information window.

To find out what type of storage you have, click the Storage tab in the System Information window. On the left side of the screen, you'll see a visual representation of your drives, and on the right side of the screen you'll see information about each drive.

Posts 17631
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 12:19 PM

Zachary Craft:
Are you on a broadband internet connection?

LogosError.log shows a number of network timeout issues so curious about connection ? Also curious if MacBook Pro is being moved (so network changes) along with sleep ?

Zachary Craft:
What version of MacOSX are you running?

Logos.log file shows macOS 10.14.0

Zachary Craft:
How much RAM does your machine have?

LogosError.log shows 16 GB

Zachary Craft:
Why type of processor do you have (Intel/AMD, generation, speed, etc.)

LogosError.log shows MacBookPro 10,1 that was released in June 2012 with 3rd Generation Intel i7 CPU, Retina Display, and SSD in all models

https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=MacBookPro10,1

From 16 GB Ram, suspect CPU speed is 2.7 GHz or 2.8 GHz

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 17631
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2018 5:39 PM

Rev. Lynn K Hansen:
I sent you a screen shot of what I see, except that the screenshot does not show the spinning colored ball.

Welcome Big Smile

Screen shot shows sync in progress (so spinning beach ball could reflect Logos application waiting on network connection)

Does sync issue persist with Logos 7.19 ? (released earlier today plus thread => Sync error: me too mentions server side update for some errors)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS