Upgrading to Logos 8

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 47 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:01 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Upgrading Offers

1. Take 25% off your first upgrade. For a limited time, you can save 25% on your first complete (i.e., features and library) upgrade to Logos 8. Additional upgrades will be 10% off. If you’d like to buy multiple packages in a single order to maximize your 25% discount, contact our sales team at sales@logos.com or 888-875-9491.
  2. Handpick your own Mobile Ed course. If you upgrade to Silver or higher, you’ll get your choice of any Mobile Ed course to add to your library permanently.
  3. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

As you explore your Logos 8 upgrade options, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and let us know how we can help you find the package that’s right for you. We’re available to help through the following channels:

Nicely done Phil.  Many thanks.

Posts 18899
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:50 PM

I upgraded to Logos 8 Silver today. Once the upgrade had installed and all library updates/indexing were finished, I checked my About box, and it doesn't recognize I have Silver. It just says "Logos 8 Library" -- this is different from past versions. Is it an intentional change? I liked when we could look up what base package we had in the About box.

Posts 916
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:14 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Upgrading Offers

1. Take 25% off your first upgrade. For a limited time, you can save 25% on your first complete (i.e., features and library) upgrade to Logos 8. Additional upgrades will be 10% off. If you’d like to buy multiple packages in a single order to maximize your 25% discount, contact our sales team at sales@logos.com or 888-875-9491.

Phil,

Does this also apply for base packages of different languages? I first purchased the Ultimate Package and then afterwards "Logos 8 Platin (Deutsch)”. Did I lose the additional discount because I did not purchase them at the same time?

Armin

Posts 3741
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:29 PM

Rosie Perera:
Is it an intentional change?

Yes. I don't remember the specific 7.x version number when it took place, but the package name did get removed for various reasons. Sorry!

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3741
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 9:35 PM

Armin:
Does this also apply for base packages of different languages?

Yes.

Armin:
 I first purchased the Ultimate Package and then afterwards "Logos 8 Platin (Deutsch)”. Did I lose the additional discount because I did not purchase them at the same time?

Yes. You would have had to place a single order through sales to also receive the discount on the second package.

Sales or Customer Service might be able to resolve that for you, by reversing your original orders, then combining them in a single order.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 916
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:37 PM

PetahChristian:

Armin:
Does this also apply for base packages of different languages?

Yes.

Armin:
 I first purchased the Ultimate Package and then afterwards "Logos 8 Platin (Deutsch)”. Did I lose the additional discount because I did not purchase them at the same time?

Yes. You would have had to place a single order through sales to also receive the discount on the second package.

Sales or Customer Service might be able to resolve that for you, by reversing your original orders, then combining them in a single order.

Many thanks. I will get in touch with them.

Armin

Posts 2248
LogosEmployee

Rosie Perera:
I upgraded to Logos 8 Silver today. Once the upgrade had installed and all library updates/indexing were finished, I checked my About box, and it doesn't recognize I have Silver. It just says "Logos 8 Library" -- this is different from past versions. Is it an intentional change? I liked when we could look up what base package we had in the About box.

This is working as intended.

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 1:38 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
You don’t have to buy a package with additional books. The new Logos 8 libraries are the best we’ve ever built and offered, but we understand that not everyone is looking to grow their libraries with new titles. That’s why we have upgrade options available that include only the new features and datasets to help you get just the latest functionality of Logos 8.

When upgrading to Logos 7, I seem to recall we could choose to upgrade the library separately, the feature-set separately, or both together.

I can see options to purchase the feature-set alone or a feature-set and library, but can't see any way to purchase just a new Logos 8 library without feature set. (I'm not aware of using previous feature-sets, so there is no point in paying for new ones when I could put that money to getting a larger library).

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:02 AM

BriM:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
You don’t have to buy a package with additional books. The new Logos 8 libraries are the best we’ve ever built and offered, but we understand that not everyone is looking to grow their libraries with new titles. That’s why we have upgrade options available that include only the new features and datasets to help you get just the latest functionality of Logos 8.

When upgrading to Logos 7, I seem to recall we could choose to upgrade the library separately, the feature-set separately, or both together.

I can see options to purchase the feature-set alone or a feature-set and library, but can't see any way to purchase just a new Logos 8 library without feature set. (I'm not aware of using previous feature-sets, so there is no point in paying for new ones when I could put that money to getting a larger library).

You’ve probably been using parts of previous feature sets. In L8, Canvas, Theology Guide and Workflows are all features that are part of a paid-for feature set (there are others, those are the highlights).

If you’re a Connec subscriber you can purchase the Library only (because you already have the features as part of the subscription). But otherwise you’d be missing out on most of the best parts of L8.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:23 AM

Mark Barnes:

If you’re a Connec subscriber you can purchase the Library only (because you already have the features as part of the subscription). But otherwise you’d be missing out on most of the best parts of L8.

Just a quick note on this - I am a Connect subscriber, and I wanted to upgrade from L7 Platinum to L8 Portfolio. Buying the library and datasets turned out to be much cheaper (I saved a couple of hundred dollars) than buying the library alone because of the extra sale discount I qualified for.

Obviously that's going to vary depending on what you own already and what you choose to buy, but do play around with options to check prices.

Posts 2358
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:55 AM

Hi James,

Something is not correct about your analysis as you should get the full discount as a FL Connect subscriber without purchasing the full feature set. I suggest you contact customer support via chat or phone to have them review your purchase. 

Posts 663
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:05 AM

Mark Barnes:
You can view these offers here. They don't have to be bought at the time of your purchase, they can (must?) be bought afterwards: https://www.logos.com/top-products 

Will the currently shown price change once I purchase my package?

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:08 AM

Ah, maybe it was just the percentage of the total combined value that I owned, then? I had the L7 extended feauture set as well. Whatever the case, I was about to add the library to my cart before I noticed the option to add a featureset. I checked the price and ended up with a big saving. Whatever it is that triggered the saving, I’m happy.

Posts 3741
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:42 AM

Michael S.:

Mark Barnes:
You can view these offers here. They don't have to be bought at the time of your purchase, they can (must?) be bought afterwards: https://www.logos.com/top-products 

Will the currently shown price change once I purchase my package?

Yes. If you haven't purchased an L8 package yet, you won't see the savings. Once you do, the prices will change to show the savings for L8 owners.

Posts 729
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:44 AM

Hi Phil:

I just upgraded, have not been able to check features fully. I did notice that the daily excerpt from the "lives of saints" for the day is missing from the homepage.

Is there a way to put that and the lectionary info back again in the homepage?

Thanks ahead of time for any guidance.

Posts 251
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 5:45 AM

I got a better price for including the feature set and I have a subscription I just took the cheaper price.

I did notice that on smaller collections there was actually a charge for the feature set.

As I understand it the advantage that I have gained by purchasing the feature set is that if I choose to stop subscribing my software will revert to standard Logos 8 i.e. I will only lose access to anything that I gain through my subscription that is targeted for a future product rather than the current one. In practice I think this means that in June 2019 I will need to review the value of my current subscription.

Posts 2358
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:01 AM

James McAdams:

Ah, maybe it was just the percentage of the total combined value that I owned, then? I had the L7 extended feauture set as well. Whatever the case, I was about to add the library to my cart before I noticed the option to add a featureset. I checked the price and ended up with a big saving. Whatever it is that triggered the saving, I’m happy.

James,

Sounds good.

Posts 729
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:01 AM

Phil:

Never mind, I found how using dashboard.

Thanks.

Posts 1898
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 6:13 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Upgrading Offers

1. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

Can you elaborate on this please.

Posts 726
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:02 AM

mike:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Upgrading Offers

1. Get bonus offers. We have a few other surprises planned for those who purchase Logos 8 during the launch window. Be on the lookout for special announcements exclusive to Logos 8 owners.

Can you elaborate on this please.

Yes, I was curios will these "bonus offers" come via email or will they be displayed on the website like the current "exclusive savings" offer on the website? And are these "bonus offers" in addition to what's on the website right now (the "exclusive savings")?

Page 2 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS