Lexham Survey of Theology - feedback

Page 9 of 9 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9
This post has 174 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2018 11:31 AM

David Paul:

I'm not sure what good any discussion would produce, since Logos is in the habit of cutting things off without recourse. I had many ChristianDiscourse conversations I wanted to have access to but they all evaporated into inaccessible non-existence.

You can still access your CD conversations through archive.org. Don't get confused when it only shows blank pages. The content is all there in the source code.

(I've been thinking about a structural recovery of the content, but obviously without FL's permission, that'd be quite a severe copyright violation…)

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2018 7:24 PM

Jan Krohn:

(I've been thinking about a structural recovery of the content, but obviously without FL's permission, that'd be quite a severe copyright violation…)

Is it their content?? I don't remember signing away my copyrights to FL. I seriously doubt extracting user content would be any kind of violation. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than going through their trash, and that's perfectly legal.

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 1:41 AM

David Paul:

Is it their content?? I don't remember signing away my copyrights to FL. I seriously doubt extracting user content would be any kind of violation. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than going through their trash, and that's perfectly legal.

It is (was) their site, and it is not my content. A recovery project would take several days. Without FL's permission, there would be quite some risk for it to be a waste of time. Since the content was on CD first, I wouldn't stand a chance against any DMCA complaint.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 9914
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 15 2018 5:15 AM

Sean Boisen:
there was a problem with the permissions on the Lexham Survey of Theology Faithlife group which was preventing followers from posting (thanks, MJ, for bringing that to my attention). I'm sorry for that oversight, but I believe i've fixed that now, and that is an appropriate place to discuss theological questions related to the survey (including missing concepts).

Sean, the permissions still are not fixed. In my opinion, while discussing the theological questions would be beyond the scope of this forum, discussing the ontology itself, especially regarding its completeness and potentially missing concepts, could probably happen here as well.

In the Faithlife group you posted:

Sean Boisen - in FL group:

The Lexham Survey of Theology/Systematic Theology Ontology currently includes 234 concepts, organized into eight major branches that reflect the traditional structuring of systematic theological writing and inquire. Our purpose was to include all the major beliefs common to a broad range of Christian groups, without taking particular positions on disputed issues or attempting to capture every minor point.

Are there any concepts that you would argue should be added to the ontology to ensure that it is a reasonably complete account of Christian systematic theology? Are there areas with significant discussion in the theological literature that fall outside these concepts?

Is there a quick way to overview those concepts (such as a list or an Excel spreadsheet)? This would probably make it easier to grasp them and maybe look at non-reformed ST resources and try to reconcile ToC entries.    

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 8:43 PM

NB.Mick:

Sean Boisen:
there was a problem with the permissions on the Lexham Survey of Theology Faithlife group which was preventing followers from posting (thanks, MJ, for bringing that to my attention). I'm sorry for that oversight, but I believe i've fixed that now, and that is an appropriate place to discuss theological questions related to the survey (including missing concepts).

Sean, the permissions still are not fixed.

Agreed. While it seems to be possible to reply to Sean's thread, it's not possible for me as a follower to start new threads, such as ones about theological questions related to the survey.

Posts 568
Hamilton Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 19 2018 4:46 AM

Hi David:

Most likely some of CD participants have copies of some of the threads. 

Problem is how to contact them, and how to share the files.

Maybe if your are really interested in obtaining some of your content, you can try to start a Faithlife group just about that.

Posts 747
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 11:54 AM

NB.Mick:

Michael S.:

Sean Boisen:
So feel free (you and others) to discuss these theological points over there.
Sean Boisen:

Either it is still broken, or no one has posted anything.

I think it is still broken. 

I'm not sure whether it is the intended set of rights, but as a follower I seem not to be allowed to write a new News item (post to the group) or to start a new Discussion threat. However, at a minimum we'd need to be allowed to take part in the discussions. This is not possible. While I see the "reply" link to answer in Sean's discussion about potential missing ontology items, it is not opening the editor to compose a reply, but an empty page which says there are no discussions. So it's no wonder that no one answered yet.

My apologies: i've adjusted the permissions again, please see now if you can post to the news feed.

Posts 747
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 12:02 PM

NB.Mick:

<snip />

In my opinion, while discussing the theological questions would be beyond the scope of this forum, discussing the ontology itself, especially regarding its completeness and potentially missing concepts, could probably happen here as well.

<snip />

While I agree that discussing the structure of the data in general is appropriate for the forums, discussions about completeness and missing concepts seem likely to quickly lead to theological debates, which aren't. So the Faithlife group (whose permissions should now be fixed) is still the best choice.

NB.Mick:

<snip />

Is there a quick way to overview those concepts (such as a list or an Excel spreadsheet)? This would probably make it easier to grasp them and maybe look at non-reformed ST resources and try to reconcile ToC entries.     

The Table of Contents in the Lexham Survey of Theology lists the concepts, and shows the hierarchy: is there more that you need for overview purposes?

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:10 AM

Sean Boisen:
My apologies: i've adjusted the permissions again, please see now if you can post to the news feed.

I can't post a reply to your "Identifying Missing Concepts" discussion. I get "The discussions for this group are not available" when I click "Reply".

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:11 AM

I also can't post anything directly to the news feed.

Posts 9914
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:16 AM

SineNomine:

Sean Boisen:

I can't post a reply to your "Identifying Missing Concepts" discussion. I get "The discussions for this group are not available" when I click "Reply".

SineNomine:

I also can't post anything directly to the news feed.

same here.

Posts 747
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 2:26 PM

SineNomine:

Sean Boisen:

Repeated apologies! I've made another adjustment to the group settings, and this time I tested to make sure an alternate follower me could both post in the group and reply to the existing discussions. Please try once again.

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2018 7:54 PM

I can reply to discussions. I didn't test posting to the group.

Posts 9914
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2019 2:38 AM

both work.

Posts 3013
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2019 3:18 PM

NB.Mick:

both work.

Although they could use a little more... use. I'm afraid too much of what would have gone there is in this thread instead.

Page 9 of 9 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 | RSS