BUG: Canvas highlights in Desktop vs. Web App

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:15 PM

So, I was playing around with the new Canvas tool and noting the similarities and parity between the Web App and the Desktop App.

So, I made a document and used the highlights tool in Canvas that look like chalk or crayon. So, in the Web App, when I export, the image file is good.

But, in the desktop app, no matter what option I try, the highlights are gone and replaced by what looks like a placeholder for the highlights.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or if it is a bug.

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:12 PM

I can't reproduce this, it is working fine for me.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8075
LogosEmployee

I've reported this to the Canvas team.

Posts 1870
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:21 PM

I got similar results when exporting as image.

This is what I did in "Canvas"

This is what I got as an export:

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 640
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:23 PM

The Devil!

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:28 PM

if its a bug, and should you be using windows, you could always use snipping tool as workaround till issue resolved

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 1870
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 2:29 PM

DominicM:

if its a bug, and using windows, you could use snipping tool as workaround till issue resolved

The snipping tool is how I was able to capture what I did in Canvas. Thanks Dominic!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 341
LogosEmployee

This has been fixed and will hopefully be out to you within the next week. Thanks for bearing with us!

Posts 443
Bill Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 3:51 PM

Thanks!

Posts 1870
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 11:22 AM

David Schwegler (Faithlife):
This has been fixed and will hopefully be out to you within the next week.

YesYes]

Posts 640
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 5:35 AM

David Schwegler (Faithlife):

This has been fixed and will hopefully be out to you within the next week. Thanks for bearing with us!

Great, because it just happened to me also.

Posts 579
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2018 8:40 AM

You can currently work around this bug by exporting your canvas on the web app.

Posts 2718
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2018 2:29 PM

Bill Cook:

So, I was playing around with the new Canvas tool and noting the similarities and parity between the Web App and the Desktop App.

So, I made a document and used the highlights tool in Canvas that look like chalk or crayon. So, in the Web App, when I export, the image file is good.

But, in the desktop app, no matter what option I try, the highlights are gone and replaced by what looks like a placeholder for the highlights.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong or if it is a bug.

This has been fixed in 8.0 SR-1.

Posts 1870
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2018 9:15 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
This has been fixed in 8.0 SR-1.

Thanks Faithlife!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS