AAARGH - approximately 1/3 of my saved work layouts don't work

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:03 PM

Yeah ... the layouts that I'd built for tagging, classsifying, learning ... don't work because they depended on persistent collections in the library ... a feature Logos pulled and does not intend to replace. Yes, I had not thought about it until I went to start tagging my new resources. I'm not a very happy camper right now.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9
Thomas Toews | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:18 PM

What is a persistent collection? I use the tools/library/collections feature a lot to organize my library. Is that what is gone?

Posts 28742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:53 PM

It's where you set a collection in the library - right after the find argument - and it remained there in layouts and when you opened and closed the library.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8198
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 10:25 PM

MJ. Smith:
a feature Logos pulled and does not intend to replace

Did a Faithlife employee post that we're definitely not restoring this feature? We try to listen to customer feedback and adjust the behaviour of the program in response.

Posts 28742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:20 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Did a Faithlife employee post that we're definitely not restoring this feature?

I believe what was post was the loss of function was intentional; and yes, generally you listen and adjust.

Posts 18267
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:27 PM

For modifying resource titles, am Thankful can have two library windows open at the same time with option for different filtering.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS