Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 464
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:27 AM

This question is simple in my mind, so hopefully I can explain what I mean. 

This is a link to a quote in a sermon by Spurgeon: logosres:mtpserms17;ref=Page.pp_678-679;off=3177;ctx=he_throne_of_grace._~It_is_a_throne_set_u

In HTML, as we know, link information can be hidden beneath a title (such as "Logos.com" at the top of this page). 

Is there a way to conceal that link information inside of a Logos note?

For instance, this is what I would like to see:

"Charles Spurgeon wrote at length about the throne of grace." 

Instead, this is what I have to see if I want the link in my note: "Charles Spurgeon wrote at length about the throne of grace: logosres:mtpserms17;ref=Page.pp_678-679;off=3177;ctx=he_throne_of_grace._~It_is_a_throne_set_u"

Yikes. It's not very conducive to reading my notes.

Is there a way to clean things up?

Posts 11707
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:35 AM

Pastor Greg:

For instance, this is what I would like to see:

"Charles Spurgeon wrote at length about the throne of grace." 

Yes, you can use this. Select the words and hit the chain-link button in the Notes editor, then paste your link into it. As per my experience this works with the URL links.

Edit: I used this: https://ref.ly/logosres/mtpserms17?ref=Page.p+678&off=3177 in the following example:

but the same worked as well with the old-style L4 link like you used: logosres:mtpserms17;ref=Page.p_678;off=3177;ctx=he_throne_of_grace._~It_is_a_throne_set_u (I wanted to test this before confirming, as it had some issues during beta, but now seems to work fine on my desktop) 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 464
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:45 AM

Well, you win the internet today! That is exactly what I wanted to do, and it seems to work with L4 style links.

Thanks!

Posts 11707
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2018 7:51 AM

Pastor Greg:

Well, you win the internet today! That is exactly what I wanted to do, and it seems to work with L4 style links.

Thanks!

Great to hear!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS