Help on the Forums is not as in the past.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:31 AM

I have missed greatly the help which I have enjoyed in the past before some years until logos 5. I can never forget Rosie, Dave and others who have helped me a lot. But this time , I find it to be hard to get help . Last week I had a question ,which I have posted it on the Forums I am grateful to get the help I need, but I have to wait days. This makes less excite to the software especially logos 8 may have more features than its predecessor ,but there is no help or any explanation to be able to use the soft ware. I hope to see any improvement.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:57 AM

Tes, sorry you're not getting the help you need as speedily as you should. Have you been posting in the L8, Logos Notes, or other specific forums? Many of us only occasionally skim the General forum. I suspect that this is aggravated by the fact that we have both the forums as well as the Faithlife groups. BTW, if you use the FL groups, you can @mention any user. If you @mention me I get a push notification on my iPhone and I suspect most users have similar settings. I'm not guaranteeing that I can help, but feel free to reach out!

Posts 26538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 11:05 AM

Tes:
I have missed greatly the help which I have enjoyed in the past before some years until logos 5. I can never forget Rosie, Dave and others who have helped me a lot. But this time , I find it to be hard to get help .

Tes, several of the same people e.g. Dave are still around. During the transition to Logos 8 there are many more questions being asked. And people are putting them in several forums so a scan of the Logos 8 forum doesn't find many of the questions. I don't see any of your posts that took long to be answered. Can you point me to the one you waited so long on so I can see what might have happened?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 11:23 AM

MJ. Smith:
Can you point me to the one you waited so long on so I can see what might have happened?

Thank you MJ. Smith. You were among of those who helped as well. I can mention the last one: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/176024/1016624.aspx#1016624 After waiting the right answer I have tried to send e-mail to Faithlife customer service. I got respond the next day. (There were some helps from the Forums and suggestions ,but I had to wait a long time.)

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1998
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 11:52 AM

Tes:
I can mention the last one: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/176024/1016624.aspx#1016624

According to your comments, I think you might actually be referring to https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174614/1008911.aspx#1008911 If so, you got an initial response from Mike Binks 3 minutes after you posted. Mike suggested providing logs if it seemed to be an actual problem (i.e. no longer indexing). You never provided logs, so I don't see how the onus is on those trying to help... 

Of the threads that you started since July, only one took longer than 4 minutes to get an initial response and that one only took 20 minutes. This is hardly a picture of unhelpfulness, or am I misunderstanding your point?

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 12:19 PM

I have started the thread on Nov 21 2018. Thankfully,I have got the right answer from Sean on Nov 22 2018. It was not like this in the past. I could never remember I went to bed with un answered question. I have a good reason  to miss the help I used to enjoy in the past. I want to use my personnel book Bible ,but I could not since Faithlife has complicated the location of the function.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 24952
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:28 PM

Tes:
I have started the thread on Nov 21 2018. Thankfully,I have got the right answer from Sean on Nov 22 2018.

The initial answers were correct, but Sean put it in a way that you finally understood. Faithlife provide this way to set preferred bible.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:48 PM

Tes:

<snip />

After waiting the right answer I have tried to send e-mail to Faithlife customer service. I got respond the next day. (There were some helps from the Forums and suggestions ,but I had to wait a long time.)

Just to be clear, contacting customer service is likely to be best for many issues, since they have information on your specific software and resources, access to internal knowledge about many issues, and they can ask you (the right) questions. That being said, I'm tremendously grateful for all our MVPs and the great job they do answering forum questions (I learn a lot from them!).

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2018 2:06 PM

I greatly appreciate the help I get on the forums, from both the MVPs and folks who are not MVPs.

These folks have a great deal of patience: they answer some elegant questions; they also answer inelegantly worded questions.  Mine can fall into the latter category, as I am sometimes unsure how to ask, due to insufficient knowledge of my Logos rig.  Here is where their calm, courteous attitude comes in.

Many of these folks are V for volunteers.  I wonder, at times, when they get their own ''stuff'' done, and conclude that God had granted them, say, a 28 hour day.

I appreciate FL employees answering questions on the forum, as well.              

I thank you all!!

Posts 2941
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2018 6:13 AM

Thank you! I highly appreciate and value your help and constructive ideas. 

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS