TYPO: Expositor's Bible Commentary Vol. 4 (Job)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4750
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2018 4:16 AM

I don't have any clue what is wrong or what would be right for the following clip. Does anyone have this set in hard copy who could post the corrected text? Thanks. [specific problem in bold]

Much is made of the fact that Elihu is ignored in the Epilogue as if this were proof that he was put in by an interpolated But Satan is also ignored in the Epilogue; and even Pope, who takes a dim view of the authenticity of the Elihu speeches, admits they have been blended in with the rest of the book with great skill.

Elmer B. Smick, “Job,” in The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, ed. Frank E. Gaebelein, vol. 4 (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1988), 846.

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 4:55 AM

David Paul:

I don't have any clue what is wrong or what would be right for the following clip. Does anyone have this set in hard copy who could post the corrected text? Thanks. [specific problem in bold]

Much is made of the fact that Elihu is ignored in the Epilogue as if this were proof that he was put in by an interpolated But Satan is also ignored in the Epilogue; and even Pope, who takes a dim view of the authenticity of the Elihu speeches, admits they have been blended in with the rest of the book with great skill.

Elmer B. Smick, “Job,” in The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job, ed. Frank E. Gaebelein, vol. 4 (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1988), 846.

...by an interpolated interpolater. But Satan...

Posts 4750
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2018 5:29 PM

Thanks. I'll report a typo.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS