Complete Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture to be released in August

Page 1 of 6 (104 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 103 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 27 2010 11:26 AM

Just got an email saying that IVP's complete 29 volume Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture will be released in Logos format in August. I would expect to see it posted on the pre-pub page before long. No word about upgrading from the earlier volume one edition but I'm sure IVP has something in mind. I won't post a price since the email did not come from Logos.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 11:48 AM

Mark,

That is certainly exciting news!  While perusing the IVP website, I also found this http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/code=2480 which gives a release date of October 2010.  Not sure if this is the same thing or not, no price though.

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 12:16 PM

Aaron Kesson:
Not sure if this is the same thing or not, no price though.

That is the same thing. No explanation for the different delivery dates in the email and the web site.

The web site mentions a price of $308 (a 20% discount).

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 27 2010 12:18 PM

Keep an eye on the Pre-Pub page for this.

Posts 316
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 28 2010 5:50 AM

I got email from Rejoice Software for an offer of $230.  I ordered it.  I noticed that a few weeks ago IVP had a release date of August, but I see this morning a date of November.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:57 AM

Kent Hendricks:

Keep an eye on the Pre-Pub page for this.

Is there any more news on an upgraded for ACCS from Logos? I have not seen anything on prepub unless I missed it! Thanks!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:30 AM

OK, just wondering still, any news on the update from Logos? I have not seen anything on prepub unless I missed it. Thanks!

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 10:58 AM

Hi Dominick,

This is IVP's product, so we're working together with them on the release. As soon as we can make it available, we will. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 1:12 PM

Thanks for the update Kent!

Posts 5743
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:44 PM

Kent Hendricks:
This is IVP's product, so we're working together with them on the release. As soon as we can make it available

We are patiently waiting on this Kent..... Bumping this thread so with all the excitement of EEC, release of older NIC titles, ESV Study Bible and some new Pillar titles soon to be available..... and the plethora of others resources on Pre-pub that we don't forget about budgeting for this one....

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 7:20 PM

"I buy Logos resources, and if I have any money left over, I buy food."

It was written on the wall by the stairs in one of the large bookshops here. I think I have got the quote a little wrong, but the above feel more correct for some of us.

Posts 5743
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 8 2010 8:40 PM

JimT:

"I buy Logos resources, and if I have any money left over, I buy food."

It was written on the wall by the stairs in one of the large bookshops here. I think I have got the quote a little wrong, but the above feel more correct for some of us.

It's an  Erasmus quote and according to http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Erasmus the orginal quote is:

• Ad Graecas literas totum animum applicui; statimque, ut pecuniam acceptero, Graecus primum autores, deinde vestes emam.
    • I have turned my entire attention to Greek. The first thing I shall do, as soon as the money arrives, is to buy some Greek authors; after that, I shall buy clothes.
    • Letter to Jacob Batt (12 April 1500); Collected Works of Erasmus Vol 1 (1974)
    • Variant translation: When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

And yes you can get the t-shirt......http://www.zazzle.com.au/books_tshirt-235414578267031532

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 5:40 AM

Andrew McKenzie:
It's an  Erasmus quote ...

Thanks Andrew.

I'm working on a plan that should permit me to buy more Logos resources AND food, but with less free time to hang out here. Some people call it "a job".

Smile

Posts 597
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 1:43 PM

Bumping this up hoping for an update from Logos. I just got an e-mail from another vendor that says it's shipping in 1 week.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:14 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Thanks for the link. They have some cool shirts. Funny stuff!

Posts 19251
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 11:17 AM

It's heeere! Yikes, shipping in about 2 weeks, adding to all the other wonderful pre-pubs coming out within the next month. I can hear some grumbling right now (about having to choose between this and something else awesome, or having paid nearly as much for just Volume 1 -- if you're in this latter category contact Customer Service and they'll probably take good care of you) at the same time as some cheering about the price and that it's finally here.

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/8100

The only puzzling/disappointing thing is that the volume on the Apocrypha does not appear to be included in the Logos release.

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:06 PM

The Apocrypha is part of the full version. We're currently updating the product page.

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:27 PM

I have the original 12 volume cd rom.  What kind of credit will be given to those of us who have already spent several hundred dollars on the first 12 volumes?  Will there be some kind of upgrade package offered?  Thanks.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:35 PM

Joan Korte:
Will there be some kind of upgrade package offered?

Sorry I can't find it in the Forums by just this past week or so there was talk of folks having received an upgrade offer from Logos. It went to those who had the original CD. If you didn't get one, a call to sales might sort things out.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 12:53 PM

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Joan,

There was an upgrade offer that was emailed to all owners of the original ACCS, Vol. 1. If you didn’t get it, give our sales team a call at 800-875-6467 and they can help you.

Page 1 of 6 (104 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS