Library "shelf"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:18 PM

Quote from an article I read:

"When I get up in the morning, I use Logos for my morning reading on my iPad. I keep a “shelf” of e-books racked together for that stretch of reading. This is where I am currently reading—the New Testament, Grace Abounding by Bunyan, Berkhof’s Systematic TheologyThat Hideous Strength (I bought the C.S. Lewis bundle), and Lectures on the History of Preaching by Broadus. Just a bit from each one. These books are all assembled in one place, just waiting for me."

How do I create this shelf he is speaking about?

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:27 PM

You can make a "shelf" with either collections or tags. For example, my "shelf" of books I am reading all have a currently-reading tag attached to the resource.  Books I want to read have a to-read tag.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 2034
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2018 10:18 PM

Additionally, if you only have a handful of books at any given time and want something more 'visual' you can use the shortcuts bar (just drag n drop the resource where you want it and you're done). Unfortunately, folders aren't (yet?!) supported in the shortcuts bar, else I would have one drop down folder (think Mac/iOS Launchpad folders) be just for "currently reading" and another for "should read" resources.

Posts 1600
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:12 AM

Brad:
"When I get up in the morning, I use Logos for my morning reading on my iPad. I keep a “shelf” of e-books racked together for that stretch of reading.

Brad:

I think the "shelf" he's talking about simply could be books open in different tabs on the iOS app:

This is my "Reading" layout. When I am done reading, I save this "shelf" as a layout (see the icon in the lower left corner). That way I can open another layout if need be (like my Devotions layout). When I come back to my Reading layout, the books are opened to where I left off reading, "assembled in one place, just waiting for me."

BTW: the article the OP is referencing is here: https://dougwils.com/books-and-culture/books/logos-8-a-review.html

Posts 100
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 7:07 AM

Levi Durfey:

Brad:
"When I get up in the morning, I use Logos for my morning reading on my iPad. I keep a “shelf” of e-books racked together for that stretch of reading.

Brad:

I think the "shelf" he's talking about simply could be books open in different tabs on the iOS app:

This is my "Reading" layout. When I am done reading, I save this "shelf" as a layout (see the icon in the lower left corner). That way I can open another layout if need be (like my Devotions layout). When I come back to my Reading layout, the books are opened to where I left off reading, "assembled in one place, just waiting for me."

BTW: the article the OP is referencing is here: https://dougwils.com/books-and-culture/books/logos-8-a-review.html

Thanks Levi.  This is what I was looking for.  And yep that is the article!

Logos 8 - Reformed Baptist Pastor - Student at MBTS - theologynights.com

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS