BUG: Visual Filter on Bible Resource and Atlas Maps

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2018 5:13 PM

I checked the box for the Visual Filter for Atlas Maps on my ESV and NIV bibles. How do I utilize the function so that I can find map resources for say Jerusalem. I was expecting some sort of notation/link inline such that when I click on it map resources are pulled. I thought it might work like the speaker and timeline markers.

Thanks

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 5:52 PM

The Atlas visual filter is linked to Biblical Events more than places. For example:

If you want to find a place in the Atlas, right-click the place name; make sure it's selected as a "Place" in the right-hand side of the context menu, then click Altas in the left side.

Hope this helps.

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 8:43 PM

Thanks Levi :)

When I try to accomplish what you show I see this, without any marker for place. See attached at options set

Posts 26104
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 10 2018 9:14 PM

I agree that the visual filter seems to not be working. I'll report a bug.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1523
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 5:05 AM

Hmm...I tried other versions—ESV, NIV, NKJV—and initially they did not show atlas markers. I restarted Logos and markers showed up (e.g., Acts 13:13).

But...the marker for Acts 12:25 which I had before has disappeared.

So there is something weird going on.

Could you edit the title of your post and add "BUG:" to the beginning, to make it more prominent?

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 10:51 AM

Levi,

At this point I do not seem to be able to edit the title of the post that started this thread. Perhaps it's due to the replies associated with it at this point. So I could not add "bug" to the description

MJ Smith, thanks for submitting the bug report !

Posts 2478
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2018 3:37 PM

I've created a case for this bug, thank you for reporting it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS