Is Logos expensive?

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 152
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:33 PM

Stephen Smith:

Pastor Greg:

And, in a few seconds, I can carry out a complicated search, such as every question Peter asked Jesus. 

Ok, I'll bite, how would that search be done in Logos?

The search text itself is {Speaker <Person Peter>} INTERSECTS {Label Question} INTERSECTS {Addressee <Person Jesus>}.

Logos 8 has a "template" sidebar that allows you to choose "One Person Asks Another Person A Question." Choose that. Type Peter in the first box (you then have to select Peter from the pop up menu) and Jesus in the second box (likewise). Click on Search, and the text is pasted into the query line, and the search is conducted. 

I would love to have a true "search builder," where you could choose any parameter, but this gets you started pretty quickly. 

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 5:50 AM

Pastor Greg:
The search text itself is {Speaker <Person Peter>} INTERSECTS {Label Question} INTERSECTS {Addressee <Person Jesus>}.

Appears {Section <Sentence ~ Interrogative>} is a little bit faster than {Label Question}

FYI: within ( ) has the same search time (so order does not matter).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 785
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 6:52 AM

Books are expensive. But, when you consider the amount of time the author and publisher spend producing them, books are a bargain. 

Logos books are pennies on the dollar. 

Knowledge is costly, but ignorance is more costly still. 

Posts 10324
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2018 8:16 AM

I'm not sure the OP's reason for asking about what he already did.

But, it's definitely a catalog of apologetic rationales.  We haven't got to the guitars for books one. That was good, from Matthew.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS