Dumb Question: Resetting Books with Input Fields for Student Answers to Exercises

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1152
EastTN | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 20 2018 8:17 AM

I'm getting ready to work my way through A Graded Reader of Biblical Hebrew again.  Unfortunately, it already has all of my (corrected) answers to the exercises from the first time I went through it.  Is there a simple way to erase all of the old entries at one time? 

If not, I'd like to suggest that this would be a very helpful feature for those of us who may want (or need) to work through course materials more than once.

Posts 27849
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:06 AM

No simple way.

The answers are kept on a database in  ...\Logos\Documents\random.id\UserInputs. If you delete the folder, it will be restored. But, if you have an SQlite Browser, you can delete all records for the one resource...

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1152
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 9:39 AM

Dave, thanks for the answer!  I'll have to look into SQLite.

Posts 1152
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:59 PM

Dave,

I may be slow.  I downloaded DB Browser for SQLite and went looking for the database.  The file I found was this:

C:\Users\EastTN\AppData\Local\Logos5\Documents\0bnjwtks.fzw\UserInputs\UserInputs2.db

When I opened it with DB Browser, the file appeared empty.  Could I be looking in the wrong place?  I suspect that I'm making a boneheaded mistake.  If it's simply that I'm trying to do something that's to complicated to make sense, let me know and I'll drop it.

Thanks!

Posts 27849
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:16 PM

EastTN:
When I opened it with DB Browser, the file appeared empty. 

It isn't easy!

1. Select Browse Data
  2. Click on the Table menu below, and select UserInputs
  3. Enter your Resource Id (from the Resource's Information page) into the Filter box under SyncId e.g. LLS:OpendoorJN
    1. this will select the Questions that you answered in that resource e.g. Q3, Q4, Q5 ... Q31, Q32
  4. Select every row  e.g. shift-click in a single column, then click the Delete Record button at top right (not shown here).
    1. the table should be empty
  5. Exit DB Browser. You will be asked if you want to save the changes...

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1152
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 9:51 AM

Dave Hooton:

EastTN:
When I opened it with DB Browser, the file appeared empty. 

It isn't easy!

Whoa!  Thanks for the detailed instructions.  I'll take a stab at that as soon as I a chance (we're hitting the road for Christmas soon).

Posts 1152
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:49 PM

Hey, it worked!  Thank you very much, Dave!

Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS