MISSING FEATURE: why we need to be able to have a "permanent" collection screening for library

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 26137
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:48 PM

In Logos 7, 95% of the time, my library was screened by the collection "Basic Verbum/ Logos Library". I miss the ability to leave my library in that state as much now as I did in beta testing. 

It takes so much more thought and effort to screen/select down to what I need that I nearly hate the new library despite the fact that it should be an improvement. Please bring back the ability to deal to semi-permanently deal only with subsets of the library.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10039
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 3:18 PM

I know you'll bonk me over the head.

But truthfully (and Libby's busy doing a search she'll never complete), I'm quite thoroughly happy with L7. Granted, it might be I finally took L7 perminently offline, like Libby. And the complaints about how good L8 is, help.

I have to give L7 a name. The LogosX series always seemed guy-ish. Lots of unmet honey-dos. Surprisingly useful ... periodically. Hmmm.

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:54 PM

MJ. Smith:

In Logos 7, 95% of the time, my library was screened by the collection "Basic Verbum/ Logos Library". I miss the ability to leave my library in that state as much now as I did in beta testing. 

It takes so much more thought and effort to screen/select down to what I need that I nearly hate the new library despite the fact that it should be an improvement. Please bring back the ability to deal to semi-permanently deal only with subsets of the library.

As a temporary measure, why not just create a collection with a unique name like BVLL and type that lickety brindle, with little thought or effort, to filter as you please. 

PS. I don't like waiting for what seems like forever for filters to appear (my chief complaint) and find typing much faster.

Posts 26137
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2018 6:51 PM

GaoLu:
As a temporary measure, why not just create a collection with a unique name like BVLL and type that lickety brindle, with little thought or effort, to filter as you please. 

Because when I open the library I am thinking about what parameters to use for the resource I want? Because at my age if I push what I want out of my mind to type my collection name in, when I've done that "I've forgotten why I came into the room"?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2034
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2018 6:49 PM

MJ. Smith:

"I've forgotten why I came into the room"?

Angel

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:34 AM

Denise:
Granted, it might be I finally took L7 perminently offline, like Libby.

Set update channel to manual command allows Lsheva' to automatically download resources plus sync (while effectively disabling program updates since manual channel does not exist).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS