Reminder: Samuel Prideaux Tregelles Collection CP

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 30 2018 11:03 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/8510/samuel-prideaux-tregelles-collection 

I periodically highlight some of the reference volumes, or OL volumes in CP or PP that some may not be aware of. If you're not already interested, please ignore.

On an earlier thread I mentioned Tregalles translating Gesenius' hebrew lexicon. I didn't know Logos had a CP collection!  The volume that caught my eye was his english-translation history.

The write-up is interesting:

"But with the publication of the German Bible Society's still-in-progress Novum Testamentum Graecum: Editio Critica Maior, the entire perspective of nineteenth century textual criticism and Tregelles' important role has completely changed. Textual critic David C. Parker, in comparing the new Editio Critica to Lachmann, Tischendorf, Tregelles, and Westcott and Hort, notes that of these editions, Tregelles' work has the fewest number of differences with the text of the new edition. Moreover, he observes,

Tregelles anticipated the Editio Critica Maior in nearly every place where the latter disagrees with Westcott and Hort. Only in the two readings at [James 5:4] do Tregelles and Westcott/Hort agree against the new edition.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS